15

When Su Xiu came back to the cave where her siblings were, her previous excitement and good mood vanished. Her sudden rushed of discomfort earlier was a proof of upcoming bad omen. The inside of the cave was on fire. Big and dark smokes came out from there and went up into the dawn sky.

In a panic, Su Xiu rushed inside the cave without a care of herself. She keeped on calling her siblings while coughing. The heavy smoke made breathing even more difficult to do.

At the end of the cave was their usual dwelling spot, Su Xiu saw their things being burned. Some of the stuffs, especially those easy to spark fire, were already unrecognizable after turning into ashes. Nothing was spared of their things as if the main purpose of this arson was to erase any trace left by her siblings.

Staying too long, Su Xiu started to feel a little dizzy. With her eyesight a little blurry, she went out with shaking legs while holding the cave wall for support.

Just outside of the cave, Su Xiu slid slowly into the cold, snowy ground lacking strength. She had inhaled too much black smoke which made her to lose consciousness.

Before Su Xiu passed entirely, she promised to get back to the Li family. She just want to start living a new life full of peaceful bliss with her siblings. Why do they keep on harming them? They already took all that was theirs before. Why can't they be content? When will they be content? Does it have to cost their lives for that to happen?

Closing her eyes completely, her last struggle for strength was imprinted onto the snow covered ground.

Not far from the forest area, there situated a poor village by the name Hidden. The village was managed by a money grubbing village chief called Head Wang. As the village chief, he had the highest authority in the entire village. He would suppressed the weak haughtily and bow down to the strong in reverence.

On the other hand, there was a rising family in the Hidden village who was once so poor and couldnt eat everyday. This was the Li family who were two faced, shameless and ungrateful people. They took advantage of honesty and kindness just to trick others into trusting them like an idiot. They acted pure but would stepped on those who had helped them once the goal had been achieved. They would do anything and everything for their sole benefits.

There were also the village people who resembled them in a way. However, there were also village folks who were considered decent yet they received the most bullying of those in power. Village people had long been divided into two factions, the Wang faction and the Li faction. Because both factions were ambitous and greedy, they sometimes clashed until two factions were formed due to this. However, there were times that their fight will cease for awhile for the sake of greater benefits.

This opportunity was brought to them like a drizzle of rain in the desert land when formidable people from the capital came to the Hidden Village in such magnificent fanfare. Whether this was a blessing or misfortune, only one who knew how to use opportunities well could consider this event a good thing.

With a beeline of carriages, soldiers and horses, the scene made alot of ruckus. Even the neighboring villages saw such huge fanfare. The whole scenario was like they were fetching someone important in the Hidden village since they exhibited such might in the public eyes.

The person leading them was riding inside the well decorated carriage with an insignia of the imperial family in the capital. He was a charismatic man during his youth. Overtime, his looks faded with age and that once glorified body figure turned into fats and round stomach.

With a lecherous smile, Feng Ding peered on the carriage window to call the captain of the guards who was riding on a horse next to his carriage. "If they happened to struggle, don't hesitate to kill and get the one were looking for. This long and boring travel had got me nothing to enjoy. The village girls were not so good compared to the brothels in the capital. Why did I even agree to that greedy and twisted head of the Su Clan to get her myself ? This better be a beautiful fiancee as what they told me or I'm gonna skin her alive for my wasted travel! ..."