11

"Can you check again Su An Ni's condition? " Su Xiu asked Lumen, worry was evident in her voice since the baby was the main victim this time unlike her other siblings who were merely infected by the after effects.

Though the previous host with a black mist on her lasted for a month, Su An Ni was still a baby after all. How can a baby had that much strength to last longer? At that moment, all Su Xiu could do was to pray that morning would come fast so she could go by the place where she thought as sacred. Going early in the morning compared to going at night minimizes few risks factors, too. With that in mind, Su Xiu feebly comforted herself.

"Mistress! " Lumen exclaimed, making Su Xiu felt an alarming paranoia.

Su Xui abruptly asked, "What is it? "

"I noticed that the black mist surrounding the baby were in havoc. It must be because its other victims were suddenly gone while the other four were being slowly drained by the offensive type fairy eggs. From what I see, this black mist is slowly evolving into having its own consciousness. If this continues, not even a sacred item could save the baby from this. This is turning bad!... " Lumen was looking terrified at what she was seeing on baby Su An Ni.

Su Xiu didnt care anymore whether she would be infected by the black mist again or be harmed by it and just hugged the baby as she stood up ready to leave, "Can you watch over my sleeping siblings just for the night? "

"Mistress, as you know, I am a higher level fairy and I already have a giftee at that. Though higher level fairies have the greatest power and advantage, we are restricted towards guarding one giftee. Unless the giftee is unfit or dead, I can guard another giftee by that time. You were able to command me to check on other people other than my own giftee earlier because the restriction is not that tight when the connection hasnt formed yet. You see, restrictions are the strongest for those higher level fairies who had already formed their connections to their giftee and to those tasks that involve protection and guardianship solely for their giftee. They can't help anyone other than their giftee even if the owner of the space commanded them to help. However, they can still follow the command of the owner as long as it is not within the restrictions..." Lumen immediately explained her situation despite how willing she looked towards fulfilling the said task.

"To put it simply, you can't, right? " Su Xiu said sounding disappointed.

Lumen was so apologetic as she bowed low in the air before saying, "I'm sorry, Mistress!"

"Its okay, just stay here for the night with my siblings. Keep me updated whenever you felt suspicious people that might wander around or near the vicinity of the cave... " Su Xui rephrased her previous command. Though Lumen can't protect her siblings when they would be put in danger due to restrictions, Lumen can at least call for help through Su Xiu's mindlink connection.

Lumen promised when she replied solemnly, "Okay, Mistress, I understand! "

Then, without any hesitation, Su Xiu went out of the cave just after covering the baby with thick blankets.  She took the oil lamp to be able to see well in the dark. Lumen itself was a light fairy who would always shine brightly in dark places so Su Xiu didnt need to worry for her siblings not getting any light in the cave.

"By the way, what will happen when you got restricted? " Su Xiu asked in the mindlink as she got out from the cave's mouth and continued treading the path towards another direction.

"Nothing bad happens to me or to any of my kind when restricted. Its just that our magical powers will be nullified so we couldn't truly help others no matter. However, if it is our own giftee the restriction wears off and we can use our magic again for the sake of both protection and guardianship matters of our own giftees... " Lumen stated clearly, informing Su Xiu of their greatest weakness.