Friendship

"Kimbers! Over here." Lisa called out.

"So glad you could make it. There are very few men around here that are free." Cindy gushed.

"That's okay. I'm trying to get my life figured out. I have to figure myself out before I can handle that. I'm going to grab some food and a drink. " I declared.

I don't think I could ever get tired of their tea or food here. It wasn't too sweet or too bitter. Just perfect. Friendship makes everything homemade. You name it, they can make it.

"Would you like to dance?" Joe requested. I had seen him around. He helped with so many things around town from what I knew.

"Sure. Will warn you, this is my first slow dance. Not sure how this goes." I giggled.

" I will show you. We have to learn sometime. I'll lead you." He encouraged.

Joe was tall, dark, and handsome. His smile was something else and I had to admit that cowboy hat he wore it well. Those eyes changed colors and twinkled in the light. If I wasn't careful, I could get lost in them.

Before long the song was over. "Tha. Thanks for the dance. Sorry I stepped on your toes." I stammered. Think I blew this one. My face so red. I quickly went to sit down.

"Kimbers. Just so you know Joe is a great guy. He has his head on right. Your the first gal he's asked in a long time to dance. Not my place to tell you his story. I'm not one to gossip." Lisa informed me.

" I appreciate you telling me that. Also thankful you don't gossip. Seems like a great guy. Just not sure still trying to figure things out." I revealed.

The dance was so much fun. I got to meet a lot of town people. All were friendly and told me if I ever needed anything to let them know.

As I was leaving, I heard a faint meow. As I was trying to save the poor kitten from going in the sewer, my foot slipped and heel broke off. Just as the kitten and I were both about to fall strong arms grabbed me.

Then I had tears in my eyes.  Memory of me in a boat & another boat there & a strange scary man hitting me in the head & my boat and me going over.

"Whoa there. I got you. That was definitely a heroic moment. You saved the kitten and I saved you. You could have hurt your ankle. Guess we both are heros." He declared.

"Well. Thank you for making sure we are alright. Guess I was clumsy in my former life." I laughed.

"How about I drive you home? We can get you some shoes and then head to the store to get your friend some new stuff?" He asked.

"Sounds good." I replied.

"I saw tears in your eyes. If you want to talk about it you can. That fall I could tell triggered something. "Joe comforted me.

"Thanks. It did. I appreciate you being here. For now going to try and sort it out." I sighed. 

The night ended late. The kitten had so much stuff. Spoiled already. Guess I would have to name the kitten Midnight. She was black with pretty blue eyes. Now asleep on me as I slowly fell asleep from the long day I had.