EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

I woke up to my head pounding. Definitely way too much alcohol. I usually almost never consumed that much. Just with all the craziness in my life I needed an outlet. No this was definitely not the answer.

" Here you go. Your aunt went for a walk and left you this. She said you would need this when you awoke." Bren advised.

My aunt Harlow's remedy was the best. No one knew the secret recipe. Whatever it was, it always did the trick.

" Stop. Don't beat yourself up over this. "Bren reassured me.

" I need to lay down roots. Find a place to stay for a bit. I could do a job that's remote under a new name. Change my appearance. Just need normalcy. Can you give me this?" I pleaded.

"No promises. I will see what I can do." Bren replied, while giving me a hug.

Then the air got stuffy and the attraction I felt for him took over. I couldn't just hug him. I wanted more from Bren. I kissed him and surprisingly he kissed back. We each took what we felt and needed.

I awoke in Bren's arms. I felt so safe with him. This felt right. Bren noticed me awake and softly kissed my forehead.

" I have to call my boss. You don't worry about a thing. I'm way too involved now. I will  always protect you, however now that I want to be with you, I won't be able to see outside of my emotions and that I know can be dangerous for your aunt, me, and you. " He smiled and kissed me again. Then went outside to speak with his boss.

"What did I miss? I knew something was going on!" shouted Aunt Harlow.

"Can't hide anything from you!" I laughed.

"I'm very happy for you and Bren. From what I know he works a lot and now that he's found you it's time for him to slow down. " She cheered.

"He had to speak with his boss. Obviously, now that we are involved he will always protect me, just job wise someone else will step in to oversee everything. I understand and get it. When you care for someone, sometimes it's hard to make that those tough calls." I stated.

" Ok, I'm back. Glad both of you are here together. Sure  Harlow knows what's going on. My boss is happy for us as a friend.  As a boss, I'm not suppose to cross the line. Since I came to him and was honest he is more understanding. He's been my boss for years. There have been those not honest and it's lead to some dangerous awful situations. My boss is giving us new ids. Any name you'd like to have,  but didn't have?  Harlow is your mom. I'm sorry it is not to replace yours, just makes more sense undercover. You and I are an engaged couple. We are moving because of my career. I work from home and occasionally into the office so I have to live within the area.  Your mom is staying with us till repairs can be done on her place. It was flooded from a place nearby that caught fire. Your mom lives 2 minutes from us. " Explained Bren.

" How about Silvy  Rain Tanner for me. I know Harlow loves the name Autumn. Autumn Rain Tanner for her. Rain could be family middle name passed down. Just so excited to have a life again and for normal!" I clarified.