NEW PLACE

"Would you like to stay in the guest apartment on top of the garage? Its a small 2 bedroom apartment? You can stay as long as you like? As long as it is clear by the doc, they are hiring for a file clerk at the court house. You just file records and scan into the computer. Boring I know however it be a start." Suggested Lisa.

"Yes to everything. Thank you so much. You are so amazing. So blessed to have met you and that I landed in this town. No wonder Wade speaks highly of you!" I replied.

The apartment was above the garage. The porch was facing the mountains and the lake nearby. It was so beautiful.  Apartment wasn't too big or too small. It was just right. I chose the bedroom that had the  canopy bed and fireplace in front of it.

A couple of weeks had gone by. Everyone at the courthouse was so helpful and  welcoming. My job was simple. I came in by 7am and was off by 3pm everyday. I loved the schedule because I could go to the library or run errands if needed.  I had already received my first paycheck. Lisa refused to accept any money for rent. She wanted me to put aside for savings.

"Ouch!" I yelped.  Just then I heard the door open.

"Are you ok Kimbers?" Wade asked.

"This dumb stupid garbage disposal stopped working and I almost cut myself in the process." I snapped.

"Ok Kimbers! Let's not get too upset. Stop being stubborn. I can help fix this. Super Wade is here to fix the day! " Wade cheered.

"Wade, you are such a handy nerd." I laughed.

"Don't forget the dance is tonight. Gram insists you go. She already left you a dress for the dance." Wade ordered.

Wade was a great guy. Just a little nerdy for me. The annual fall dance was tonight. Lord knows if I could even member how to dance. Friendship was a small town and everyone knew each other. Every season they had a dance, a festival, or some type of event.  

We chose the name Kimbers for me. It was better than Jane Doe. Didn't want to be like those in the movies and it stuck out too much.  I hoped someday to find out what my real name was and that I had family. 

I looked at Friendship as a new place that I could start over. No idea what my life was before. My life now was unwritten. It was completely blank. This was my next chapter and I was going to make this a great one.