EIGHTEEN

"Your friend is so sweet," Gianna says to Nico as he walks back into the sitting room after Jamal leaves.

"He isn't, he's just trying to get into your pants." Nico rolls his eyes before sitting on the couch across to her.

"You are trying to get into my pants as well." Gianna raises an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah," Nico admits, "But I don't have to kiss your ass to do so." He says smugly.

"You are right, you will have to do so much more," Gianna says with a sweet smile on her face.

Nico half-smiles, the second he realizes he is smiling, he frowns.

"So you and Jamal have been having meetings a lot. Is this your way of coming out to us?"

"Haha, very funny," Nico feigns laugh "You are back to asking questions. Thought of what you are good at yet?"

Gianna's smile fades after hearing Nico's question. "Nothing, I believe that I am part of that 1% of people who don't have a talent."

"I doubt," Nico says with so much certainty that can give anyone a confidence boost.

Gianna smiles, "You know when I was young, when I see someone dance or act or sing, I can bet that I can do it better. Bet I never put it to the test." Gianna pauses, "I haven't ever put anything to the test." She says in realization.

Nico watches her speak with so much concentration like he will be quizzed about her movement and facial expressions while talking.

"Maybe I am not as smart as I give myself credit for." She admits with her head down in defeat.

"You were able to leave home and turn your back on it all. That's smart, most people cannot do that." Nico mutters.

Gianna can feel his words were not only directed to her but, "Thank you," She says anyway.

"Yeah, you should thank me, if not for me you would have been home by now," Nico smirks.

"Oh, shut up," She rolls her eyes.

"If you ask me, the way you were able to transform my room into a classy yet girlish bedroom is talent. Even the basement, Sarah says you helped her out and it looks great."

"You think?" Gianna says with a bright smile on her face. She feels the urge to hug him right now but she restrains herself.

She does have quite a vision when it comes to decorating and setting things in place.

"Yeah," Nico nods.

"Interior decorator," Gianna grins trying to imagine herself as one.

Well, until Nico bursts her bubble, "We don't have much use of them at this side of town. Once they get a couch, a table, a tv, and a bed, they don't care how it's arranged as long as it's there. You will have to go to the rich side of town for that shit."

"I think I am also good at event planning. I threw my sister a "save the planet" themed birthday and I killed it." Gianna says, very proud of herself.

She has gone from thinking she's a total failure to looking forward to the future and what she can do without the help of her parents.

"Yeah, we also don't have the need for event planners. If there are snacks, drinks, and loud music, the event is definitely taking place."

"I will think of something," Gonna says with a bright smile.

A smile so infectious, it makes Nico smile.

~~~

Gianna did think of something, while everyone is having breakfast, she decides to pitch.