ELEVEN

"What do you mean she escaped?" Gio roars into the phone.

"I had her and she ran away," Nico says flatly.

"I told you to let us come to you but no, you wanted to meet up," Gio yells.

"I could have people check my town for her..."

Gio interrupts, "She not going to be there anymore, she is not stupid." Gio yells once more before he hangs up the phone. 

"Ughh," Gio yells sending movable things in the restaurant flying towards every direction. His bodyguards watch him with emotionless faces as he rages out.

Gianna watches Nico smash the burner phone on the car's dashboard after ending his call to her brother. He puts the pieces in his hands.

"What did he say?" Gianna asks.

"They won't be looking for you in Purple's Ville."

Gianna sighs in relief. She has just been here for 3 weeks but she already feels this place is her home.

Nico notices the small smile playing on her lips and he couldn't help but smile as well.

Gianna feels his eyes on her, "You are not expecting a thank you, or are you?"  She says turning to him.

"Well, they think you will never come into Purple's Ville again and that's thanks to me. So yeah, I expect a thank you." Nico says.

"I won't be in this mess if you didn't contact them," Gianna argues.

"You would have been in a bigger mess. Imagine if they actually came into town and the first person they saw is Gossip Andrea, you would have been back home by dusk."

Gianna doesn't give a reply, because he is right.

"You owe 300k, sweetheart," Nico says getting down from the car.

~~~

Gio walks into the mansion and he is welcomed by his parent's expectant faces. He hates that he will have to disappoint them again. He has been doing that all his life.

"Where is she?" Kaylee asks looking behind him as if Gianna is hiding there.

Gio walks into the sitting room fully before breaking the news, "She escaped."

Angelo puts his head now in anger.  Kaylee didn't think it is possible for her heart to break any further but it did after hearing the news.

"My men are driving around places she can be at. Don't worry, we will find her."

"How can we find someone that isn't lost?" Kaylee says as she walks away.

"I gave you one job, just one job," Angelo glares at his son. "And that's to find your sister. You can't even do that right."

"Dad, I..."

Angelo interrupts is son's silly attempt to make excuses for his failure. "You are useless." He spits.

~~~

He can't sleep. Nico has been rolling on his bed for over an hour now. He gets down from the bed and walks upstairs, leaving the basement.  He passes the bedrooms and walks into the sitting room. He stops at the kitchen to satisfy his hunger which he didn't know he had until he gets there. After filling his stomach, he walks towards the dimly lit hallway where he stops upon noticing the shadow of the cast as a result of Gianna's bedroom light still on.

Nico knocks on the door lowly, just in case if she actually in sleep he won't wake her up.

"Come in," She calls from inside.