TWO

She got involved in an accident, that's the story they are sticking with. The burial was short, done with a closed casket and later the body was cremated. They all pretended to their friends and business partners because if the story gets out that someone attacked Angelo Michel Rae and got away with it, others will want to try their luck. For a man with so many enemies, he can't risk that.

Brianna wasn't the only one that lost her life that day, her boyfriend, Keller, was caught in the crossfire. He was hanged with her. He didn't get a chance for a proper funeral because Angelo ordered that his body be buried in the woods where no one can find him, so as to prevent anyone from figuring how he died. The last thing they needed was the FBI snooping around.

The Rae's mansion and its inhabitants are going through dark times and Kaylee was having it worst. She hasn't left her room since the burial, Gianna had checked up on her once but she just stood there and watched her mum breakdown. She had no words to help ease Kaylee's pain.

As for Angelo, he has been having secret meetings in his office, the door closed. Gianna often sees Brianna's betrothed, Alex, drop by a couple of times and go into her dad's office. Gio has been drinking a lot. Gia and Gio got into a couple of fights and words were thrown, real hurtful words.

As for Gianna, she lost her best friend, the only one that understood her in the family. She is devastated. And these past few days had made her feel she isn't part of the family and the thing is, she doesn't want to be anymore.

The maids and workers in the mansions are walking on eggshells around every member of the family, they feel if they so much as breathe, they will get fired.

Today, Angelo made everyone come down for a family dinner, the first they have had in days. An hour into the dinner, everyone is still quiet in exception of the time that Kaylee asked Gianna to pass the bottle of wine which she finished under 20 minutes.

Gianna barely touched the food, she is not hungry. She is upset that they are just sitting down pretending that there's not an empty chair that's weighing everyone down.

"How is the company?" Angelo breaks the silence.

Gio oversees the legal part of Angelo's business so as to protect his son from that life, although, Gio has always wanted in on the illegal part.

"Good, the investors of the winery-" Gio words are cut off with a suddenly slam on the dinner table.

They all give attention to the girl who hit the table with her hands, "This is bullshit, lets fucking address the elephant in the room." Gianna yells.

"And what's that?" Kaylee asks on the verge of another breakdown.

Gianna looks at her mum whose eyes are pleading for her to stop but Gianna is done playing pretend.

"She was killed, mum. They killed her. I heard your request for blood but why am I not seeing any action. Why are we not retaliating? Instead, we are hiding here, waiting for their next attack."

"There won't be any attacks from our end and theirs," Angelo says, cleaning the corner his mouth with a napkin.

"What?"

Kaylee clears her throat and looks up at her daughter, "We made a deal with the Texas people. An eye for an eye, now that it's done, no need for further bloodshed."

Gianna stares at her parents not believing her ears, "You made a deal with the people who killed Bri?" She says lowly, hoping if she words the statement out to herself, she will understand. "How quick are you to forget? Imagine the fear, the pain, the struggles, her cries... "

It's Kaylee's turn to slam her hands on the table. She does need to be reminded of her constant nightmare. In her sleep, she sees Brianna calling out her name and begging for her help. "I haven't forgotten anything, so don't you dare act like you are the only one grieving. The truce is to protect the two kids I have left but be rest assured we are getting revenge."