TWENTY NINE

"Wow, you did it." The Mayor stops in front of Gianna, "I kind of doubted you but you outdid yourself." He says gesturing at the hall full of people.

"Thank you, sir," Gianna says with a smile. She knows it's not her doing, she herself is shocked by the turn up.

Someone walks up to the Mayor and whispers something. The only thing Gianna could get from the inaudible conversation is "riot."

"I'll be right there." The Mayor says dismissing him.

"Hope all is well?" Gianna asks.

"Your job is to bring people here and you have, the rest, I'll handle." He assures her but is tensed shoulders isn't that assuring.

"Does that mean I got the job?" Gianna asks with a smile playing on her lips.

"Yeah, see you at work on Monday."  He says walking away.

Gianna waits for him to leave her sight before she does a little dance of excitement.

"Ouu, I love me some jiggly ass." A voice says behind her.

Gianna turns around startled, she holds her chest dramatically. She relaxes when she sees it's Nico.

"Pervert." She hits his arm with her purse.

A smirk playing on his lips. "Don't stop on my account, I was enjoying the show." He mutters.

Gianna rolls her eyes. "By the way, I wanted to thank you."

"What for?" Nico asks adjusting his shirt.

"You know what I am talking about. I know that the house to salon visit I did with Sarah, the twins and Beth, is not what got these people to come." Gianna smiles. "I know it's you. So thank you, I got the job."She says as they lock eyes.

The room suddenly becomes quiet, all the noise fades out. It's like they are the only two standing there.

"Bro," Jamal snaps the two from their hypnosis.

"By the way, you shouldn't thank me. Thank Jamal, he's the one that got all these people here." Nico says nudging Jamal with his shoulders.

Gianna clears her throat. "I guess, thank you, Jamal." She says, her eyes not leaving Nico.

Nico looks away. "Bro, what's going on out there?"

"A protest against bad governance with Rudy leading it."

"A what?" Gianna asks.

"Don't look at me," He gestures to Nico. "You said I should get people here by selling them on something they would love to do. And they love sticking it to the man."

"Of course they do." Nico shakes his head.

"Now excuse me, I see food that I'll love to devour. All that protesting got me hungry."  Jamal says, leaving them as he heads for the tables where the food is placed.

Gianna's eyes roam around then stops when she sees the twins talking to a girl, with the brightest smile on their faces. "Aww, that must be the girl that twins are fighting about."

Nico turns his head to where Gianna is gesturing at. He looks at the scene then back at her. "Well, she should enjoy having two boys fight over her for tonight. Because when we get home, I am going to sit the twins down and tell them that no girl is worth it."

Gianna gasps as she hits him hard again with her purse. "You will do no such thing."

Nico rubs his arm as he felt the pain time. "Well, there this one woman that I know, " Nico starts his voice low and alluring. "I think she's special."