THIRTY THREE

"Thank goodness you are fucking alive." Jamal drops the napkin he's using to clean the bar's counter.

"Not for long, I have 24 hours to dethrone Rudy and take over power."

"That shouldn't be hard since Rudy is quite occupied in detention."

"But his men might be a problem, this was a problem I had hoped Sparks had solved. I guess we have to hope they are neutral at the sight of war."

"What do you need me to do?" Jamal asked.

A smile creeps up on side Nico's face. "Eager now, aren't we?"

He rolls his eyes, "Just tell me."

"I need to gather the details elders of the town for an old fashion democracy and-" He stops talking when his phone buzzes. His eyes go to the text that pops up.

Beth; I know what you did, you better start coming before I start talking.

"We might have a problem." Nico sighs putting his phone in his back pocket. "Gather the people, I guess I need to silence my sister. You don't happen to have a gun lying around, do you?" Nico raises an eyebrow.

Jamal facial expression is a mixture of fear and shock.

Nico chuckles. "Relax, I am not going kill my sister." 

~~~~

"You little piece of shit!" Nico barely shuts the door behind him before Beth starts her assaults on his chest. "You are going to ruin everything I worked for."

"Would you stop it! Stop it!" He gets a hold of her hands.

She struggles out of his grasp. "You killed Sparks." She sends her hands flying to meet his face.

In reflex, Nico slaps her as well.  She holds the place of impact. "You aren't even going to deny?" Disgust is written on her face.

"I thought we agreed you stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours." A mischievous smile on his lips.

"This is my business!" She yells. "Rudy, my gang and my town."

"Then you can have all these when I'm done with it."

"What's your game plan here brother? You are in over your head."

"I know exactly what I am doing."

"You will be back in prison in no time, that's if Rudy doesn't kill you first."

"Join me, my plan is foolproof." Nico takes a step closer, trying to convince her.

"I have plans on my own before you ruin them completely, I am going to send you back to jail right after I bail Rudy out." She says staring into his eyes.

"Are you threatening me, Elizabeth?"

Their eyes lock. Both stare at each other intensely waiting for the other to back down.

"G-guys?" Gianna interrupts them.

Nico raises his head to look at Gianna then back at his sister.

"It doesn't have to be a threat. Stop whatever you are doing." Beth's face softens trying to reason with her stubborn brother. 

Nico remains quiet, as he's lost in thought.

Beth walks around him to get to the door. "I am going to go bail out Rudy."

Nico takes out the gun from his back pocket immediately and stretches at her.

Gianna lets out a loud gasp.

"I am afraid I can't let you do that. In fact, I can't. Let you leave the house."