chapter twenty-eight

YOUNG CHASER stood there with his eyes firmly on the crowd. The instrumental ripped through the arena. Many were here to see him fall. He would prove them wrong.

   The people bumped their heads to the beat. The contestants' hearts pounded in their ears. Luke came out last, so everyone expected the order to be likewise. But he wrapped his hand around the mic and began on the following drop.

(Young Chaser)

Let me start and make this hard to keep up
For I have changed the way I view the cup
See that's half full with the Messiah's Blood
And it came upon sinners like the flood
We grow in it - so the Word can never be outdated
Jesus would have used a plane to preach to the masses
And even if His body had to end up being cremated
He would have still went about rising from the ashes

   The rapper owned the beat, but it continued like it dared others to try the same. He glanced at Isaac as if tempting him to respond, but the opponent didn't flinch. Luke was expected to have a go at the end, not immediately.

   Many thought him to have a save the best for last attitude, but this wasn't the case. In fact, he made the situation much more difficult now.

   Had he humbled himself by going first, or was it an arrogant move to make it harder for others to keep up? If the latter was the case, the other contestants, being rooted to where they stood, made it a win for him.

   “Y'all may go at anytime,” said Datin, “but keep in mind that we don't have all night.”

   Not just anyone could respond to such, and avoiding it wouldn’t help either. The Gospel Rapper felt the eyes in his path, as if the crowd deemed him the only one worthy to challenge Luke. If not Isaac, who?

   “You can’t please everyone nor can you make the right decision every time. In the moment it may feel right, but the consequences soon follow after. Worst thing is that, even if you don’t make a decision, and someone has to make it for you, there will still be consequences. Why would you want to suffer from someone else’s decision when you can learn from your own?” the words of his mom slowly pushed him forward, step by step, but then Claude took a stand himself.

   The artist knew what he had to do. Elohim used him to speak to Luke with the Purpose For Living track, it was only fit that he responded to this as well.

   Claude turned to Isaac and gave him a nod. He would sacrifice his rap to set things straight with Luke. The bars were good. But they had no deeper meaning behind them, at least, compared to prophecy they didn't. If Young Chaser studied properly, he would have known exactly what the Messiah came to do.

   The mic was swaying side to side waiting for a victim, but no, the next rapper would not become one.

(C:map)

You’re right! However I will still sit among you
But let me give a much clearer view
Virgin birth - perfect life yet betrayed
Sent to the earth so we can be saved
I understand your points but check prophecy
Came to preach to Israel and started in Galilee
No broken bones and there's much more
He didn't come to destroy but to fulfill the Law