40 | Lux

Brina's POV

I am so ready to click the link but someone suddenly called my name and when I glanced at the direction, I saw Lucas again running towards me. So I stopped and waited for him.

"So? What did you answer the secretary's question?" That was the first thing he asked me when he arrived in front of me.

"Wait. You know the question? I mean did you join the community too?" I asked him back consecutively while walking towards the garden part of the university and sat on the bench.

The sun is starting to set but I have this feeling that I need to talk to Lucas and so I decided to have it. Lucas then followed and sat besides me before answering in a defensive manner, "No! I mean that kind of community is in-demand especially for us who are in third-year college, you know how stressed this year is! So it is not that impossible if I heard information about that without joining."

"Oh" is all I can answer, I mean what can I say more? But the way he sounded got me feeling different. He sounded like I am accusing him of something awful but maybe the way I asked him earlier sounded like that too so I chose to ignored.

"So? Did you get the link? Or maybe you already clicked it?" He asked me again. He is really eager to know about this community huh? Then why don't he join?

Nevertheless, I answered his question, "I did get the link but I still haven't clicked it yet."

I noticed how he froze for a moment but I am not quiet sure since in a blink of an eye, he acted like nothing. Uh maybe my eyes are just playing. 

"What? Why? Are you hesitating now?" He asked in a hurriedly manner like someone is chasing him.

"Do I have a reason to?" I asked him confused by the way he is acting.

He then calmed down before answering, "Uh I am just surprised that you still haven't clicked it. I mean you asked me about that first thing you arrived here. So I guess you must really love and would immediately join it."

That sounded plausible so I disregarded my confusion and instead asked the question that has been in my mind since he called my name, "Oh by the way, if you are so curious about this then why don't you join?"

I saw how his eyes darted towards the surrounding before answering, "Uhh I want to focus on my studies more."

That sounded like an off topic but still let it go. I want to asked him again about his relationships with the secretary or the whole student affairs as he talked like he really knew them personally, but then I felt my phone vibrated.

I picked it up from my pocket then looked at the caller's ID – Lux.

I know it's nothing special since it is in his game name, but for me it has a deeper meaning. Lux is a Greek word for Light just like what his name – Dritan, means. 

However, Lux also means a measure of the amount of light produced. I want him to be the measure of my light. The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

"Uh?" I said after I answered the phone call.

I heard the him hissed before simply saying, "The sun already set."

"I can see, Cadmus. We are literally in the same approximately 10km radius spot. Meaning what you see in the sky is the same as mine." I answered him with my smug tone while raising my right eyebrow as if he can see me doing it.

"I told you to be here before the sun sets and you nodded." He said in a defensive tone like it is my fault! Ugh this man, really.

"I just–"