27 | Criminals

Dritan's POV

"Mr. Francisco Mertiz the former CEO of Mertiz Company was declared guilty for all the crimes he did. Mertiz Company still have not released any official statement for the company's new positions. However it is expected that the Mertiz Company would be passed to his son, Henry Owen Mertiz."

Lorcan faced us after he turned off the television not waiting for the whole report news to be finished. We are currently here at our quarters since today is the day the main players would need to moved in here.

"So, why do you think Mertiz Company is targeted?" Lorcan asked us with seriousness evident in his voice.

"But is it really Z?" Caiden spoke with anxiousness and continue, "I mean, the Mertiz issue did not happen at the time the anonymous cryptic message."

What he said is true. It was only in the morning when the news of Mr. Francisco getting dragged in the police station and it is now in the afternoon when another news broke out, him founded guilty.

It was only 5:00 PM which means there are still seven hours before the clock strike the 00:00.

"There's a chance something else will happen at exactly midnight", I said to them and look straight at the clock hanging near the stairs.

"And we can't conclude these issues were done by Z, well at least for now." Caiden spoke agreeing to what I said before.

"Also, the last line. We still did not find any clue about that" Lorcan spoke timidly like he is disappointed at himself for not understanding the last line.

The sound of the doorbell caught our attention and so we immediately act like nothing serious happened. 

Lorcan walked towards the door to open it, Caiden goes towards the kitchen preparing some welcome snacks while I am just standing still. I mean I don't have anything else to do?

I was frozen for a while when I saw a certain someone wearing a formal dress. But it is not because of the dress, it was because this is the first time I saw her wearing a formal outfit. She looked so elegant and proud in her dress, her aura radiates that everyone must respect her.

"Yo! Y-you looked like a lady!" Lorcan exclaimed when he saw that certain someone in which all he got was a glare.

"Where's our room? I'll change" She asked Lorcan since he was just standing near her but Lorcan just looked at me waiting for me to answer.

"All the rooms are in the second floor, Lorcan and Caiden's are the first two rooms facing each other while both of you would next to theirs'. Your choice which one of the two you get." I explained to them.

I saw her instantly walking towards the second floor while dragging Danielle.

Not long after they both came back here at the living room, both of them are now wearing a pants and shirt.

"Now! You looked like the Brina we know!" Lorcan shouted in a teasing matter while slowly clapping his hands.

Brina ignored him and instead walked towards me then showed her right palm on me like she is asking for something which confuses me, a lot.

She moved her hand a little when I ignored her. I looked at her eyes silently asking what she wants.

She rolled her eyes before answering, "My lollipops? These past few days I did not get anything from you so I must say you owe me more or less five pieces", she then moved her hand again.

"Then let's go?" I asked her but did not wait for her answer, instead I started walking towards the door.

Seconds after, I felt her following me before she asked, "Where are we going?" in which I simple answered, "I run out of stocks."

»•» ⚠️ «•«

Brina's POV

We are now on our way to the quarters and it is already 9:00 PM, we spend more or less four hours in the grocery stores. The line there is so freaking long!

"What do you plan for the tournament?" I asked him to break the silence that is dominating his whole car.

"We'll start the training officially tomorrow", He shortly answered which made the car filled with silence once again.

After a while, I can't stand it anymore so I open a topic again, "Why do you want to win the tournament?"

I saw how he froze for a moment before composing himself and answered, "Reclaiming something what we lost before."

I did not know when did we arrived at the quarters because I am still pre-occupied by what he answered.

Before? I thought they are only a newly created team dreaming of gaining their first e-sport cup? Maybe I should look at Supreme Kairos' past thoroughly.

"Captain! We're ready!" Lorcan exclaimed excitedly but soon changed into shocked when he saw me behind Cadmus, probably forgot I was with him.

"Ready for what?" I asked Lorcan but the boy just looked away! And so I looked at Caiden who's behind Lorcan but then again he ignored me too. So in the end, I looked at Cadmus but this time, my eyes are glaring – urging him to answer me.

"We'll catch criminals", he timidly said while sighing defeated. Criminals?

"Let me join you!" I excitedly said but the three of them looked at me like I just said the most ridiculous word. So I continue with, "Aren't you going to catch criminals in the game? Hunting?"

I saw Lorcan scratched his head before saying, "Ahm, we are catching criminals but not in a game."

I raised my right eye brow indicating that I did not get what he means and so Cadmus continue, "We catch real criminals."

That catches me off guard.

"You worked for the law?!" I asked and it is too late now to hide how surprised I am.

"Why are you surprised though?" Caiden asked me and I immediately dig my brain looking for the right excuse I can pull off.

"Ugh, just surprised that you guys can do that", I know, it is definitely the right excuse. But what can I do? I was really surprised to the point that my brain stopped working for a while. I just hope they'll not dig any deeper.

"So what? You guys work for the law?" I right away asked them the question before, hoping to divert the topic to this.

"Hmm"  I heard Cadmus murmured while Lorcan and Caiden just nodded their head. That made my heart beat fast not because of happiness or what, but because of something else.

Looks like I should really looked at their past.

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

Don't have anything to say in this section but I hope you all are doing great!

Borahae!

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!