04 | Victory

Brina's POV

Ten more minutes before our lunch break starts and I have been thinking whether to cut class or use my newly invented gadget during the latter half of school. 

The tablet I got yesterday was now unrecognizable at first glance. I tore half of the pages of my notebook then glued the tablet there. So others would think it was just a simple notebook plus I would be able to use it during classes without getting caught. 

I am so bored right now, you know how first day of school goes. It is just full of introductions then the rest of the time is for waiting the bell to ring. No one is actually paying attention to me so I can cut class with no one noticing.

Minutes later, the bell finally rang indicating that it is now our lunch break which means I can finally escape this hell!

I immediately brought my notebook slash tablet and walked out of the room then goes straight to the rooftop. On my way, I saw a commotion near the entrance of the school. Did a celebrity visited our school?

Oh well anyway it is none of my business, so I ignored it and continue walking towards the rooftop. I look for a perfect spot to do my business, which I found near the pile of old chairs. No one would notice me when they are near the door.

I right away plopped down on the ground and took a lollipop which I always carry with me.

Since yesterday, I have been thinking on how to earn money and I think I have found the perfect answer. Games. 

By what the boy said, that Supreme Lux is a famous gamer that many would want to play with him. So, I am planning to help those people who wanted to rank up and of course they must pay me. A perfect plan for me. I am earning money while also enjoying one of my hobbies.

I immediately hack the school's internet and log on the game under my game name ID, Zero. I right away search for that boy's username which he gave me yesterday and add him as a friend. That boy said that if I continue leveling him up, he will pay me. Of course who am I to not take that offer.

I planned to level him up with me using the team battle. That boy also need to improve his skill not only his level.

Online.

I simply message him so that he would see it once he log on to the game. Since he's not yet online, I joined solo tournaments so that my character would level up. An hour later, a message popped up on my notifications.

Game.

Message from that boy, indicating that he is now online. We immediately entered the team battle. That boy really need to improve his skills! No offense but he is actually bringing the team down.

I play the role of assassin while he is a tank. The rest of the team goes straight to the enemy's tower or players while me, I prefer to collect coins and mana first so that I can buy difficult spells then attack the enemy at one strike.

THE ENEMY HAS BEEN SLAIN!!

I am just lingering around our tower base and killing those little beasts so I can earn coins faster. I don't know what my team members are doing.

DOUBLE KILL!!

I glanced at the top left corner of my screen and saw that two of our team members died already leaving our team with three members only. Once I finished killing those little beasts, I dashed forward to the enemy's base through the forest part so they would not notice me.

Half way through, I saw both my team mates and the enemy near the middle lane of the map, fighting. Clearly my side is losing since they are fighting four players with half of their hp gone. If I destroyed the enemy's main tower faster than my team mate's death, I can reverse the situation.

The tower is the heart of this game, once it was destroyed you will lose the game even though all the players are alive. That's their flaws, they left their towers unguarded. 

I immediately dashed forward towards their tower and goes all out using my different spells and the ones I bought using the coins I gathered. Within a second, their towers were halfway destroyed. 

The enemy must have noticed it since suddenly I saw my hp dropped a little. And there, I saw three players running here, two from the other team and one from my team. Great, at least I diverted their attention and they won't attack my team mate who only have 1/8 of the hp.

I didn't mind them though since my hp are still full, their damage is not that worrisome. Instead, I focus on their tower since it's only a matter of seconds before it got completely destroyed.

I am just glad my other team mate is not a newbie, he knows when to dodge and when to fight. He's shielding me, I continuously attack the tower while he's trying to stop both of them by fighting. However, if this continue, he will surely die since his hp is very low.

I sped up my maneuvering of keyboards which made my spells and attack looks like they are thrown at the same time. When the tower is only one hit away before it got destroyed, I stopped. Literally.

Before my team mate get killed, I advanced to their place and attack the enemy at the same time. I pressed different keys at once and a light appeared on the screen, then an announcement was heard.

VICTORY! 

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

I am not a gamer but I hope I did the online game justice by how I described it, I am leaning on by my imagination and those kdrama/cdrama/animes I watched.

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!