Raven's Truth

Eyes so green looks into my own pool of green. Her footsteps too, halts, as she finally notices me, as does her mates beside her who turns to look down at her. But her eyes are fixed on me. Her intense green eyes turn soft as so many emotions plays across her face. And then I saw relief on them as she let out a soft gasp.

This made the king follow his mates' eyes to look at me. Soon as his eyes fell on me, he gasped loudly, his mouth slightly open, making me break my eye contact with her and look into his hazel eyes.

The queen slowly lets go of the hand that rested on his arm and takes few hesitant steps towards me before she stops. A sad but sweet smile plays on her angelic face. The crowd follows our every moment as the hall sits in silence.

"Finally, I found you." Her soft voice breaks the icy silence that fills this crowded hall.

"I have been waiting for this day. For you." Her forest green eyes are glossy with unshed tears, but her face still has that sweet smile. She looks at me with so much adoration. "I have waited so long to meet you." She takes the last few steps towards me and stands directly in front of me while I stood glued to the floor.

She reaches her hand for my face. And my eyes follow her hands as she gently places it on my own cheek and cups it. Her hand feels soft and warm against my face. I tilt my head against her palm and lean on it.

She felt familiar. Her warmth gave a sense of belonging. I held onto her hand that was on my face. My heart clenched tightly as I close my eyes and rub my face onto her warm palm. She smelled like home.

"I finally found you, my daughter."

My eyes flew open to meet hers as a lone tear fell from my equally glossy green eyes. My heart sinked in my chest. I let out a loud breath. Loud gasps filled the silent hall followed by equally loud whispers. I knew all eyes were on us. But my eyes were only on hers. The woman who claimed me as hers. A mother who claimed me as her daughter. A part of her.

"I'm sorry but I think you are mistaken-" She shakes her head unwilling to listen to a word I say. Her eyes flowing freely as she starts to sob silently. "I saw this moment in my dreams. I saw you in my dream. I knew that the goddess will reunite me with my daughter here. This very moment. So, I waited all these years for you to come home."

Tears freely flowed both our cheeks. I peek through my tears to observe her face once more, I definitely saw the similarities that we both hold from our forest green eyes to our perfectly straight nose, full lips, wavy hair apart from the colour of our hair. She had a golden-brown hair, but I had raven black hair like the king that now stood beside her.

"But-" I tried to voice my disagreement. I mean I couldn't be. I was born of the woods. I was raised by her. The earth was the only thing I had that was close to being a mother. No, I did not have any parents. But deep in my heart, I knew that she spoke the truth. That she was in fact my mother.

Her next words broke me. My heart sank on the bottom of my chest. "I gave birth to you. I held you in these arms after you were born to me." She brings her other hand to cup my whole face. "I'll know my child anywhere. Even though our meeting was brief, my soul had already engraved your face in my heart."

I put both my hands, on top of hers that my face and squeezed it tightly. She bought her head down to put it against my forehead. "You are home. You are safe." My heart felt as if a heavy weight was lifted off it. She whispers softly but it held a declaration for the rest to hear. While her action reflected affection to her children that she had just been reunited with.

She pulled me into a hug, and I wrapped myself around her. A small cry escaping both our lips. I felt a huge body on my side, hugging the both of us, showering kisses on both our heads. "My princess is back with us again." He whispers pulling us both to him. We free one of our arms and wrap it around him, equally hugging him tight.