Do Not Open Your Mouth Raven

"And of course, my parents too." Eliana adds.

"But why a mate though. What's so special about a mate?" I question, confusion lacing my voice. Eliana looks my way for a second as a soft smile plays there. "You'll know when the time comes."

"Come on now. You know that I'm not going to have one. So, tell me. Why? Why only a mate can stop their bloodthirst?" I poke holes on her face through my eyes as I keep glaring at her to reply.

She looks at the rear-view mirror to Aya, asking her to answer my question. But Aya just shrugs. "Aren't mates someone that the moon goddess paired for you to be. You love each other, be loyal to one another and live your life with them?" she answers with a question herself. "I know as much as Raven does. So please feel free to answer her. Anyways what's so special about a mate anyways?"

Eliana sighs due to our lack of knowledge. Or no knowledge I should say. "I believe, you haven't met your mate correct?" To which Aya just nods. "So, you too wouldn't understand. See, when the goddess made a Lycan or a werewolf, she took one half of their soul and created a whole new being just for them. To fit them, to completement them and to complete them. But a Lycan, even more so than werewolves, bearing a beast inside and only having half a soul to contain it, is very... hard." Her jaw tightens and knuckles starts to turn white.

"Anger is our worst enemy because that's when we lose ourselves to our Lycan half. Especially male, they find it hard to control their feelings. The higher up your hierarchy, the more out of control they can be. If their loved ones are threatened well, then you wouldn't be alive to tell what they did to you.

"We don't take threats lightly. Any kind of threats." She growls towards the end.

"Okay. I think I got it. So... keep away from any male Lycans at all cost and you are good." I smile at them like that's the only thing I got out of the long information she shared.

And Eliana being her usual self now, laughs out. "You really are weird you know that."

"Yep, Aya tells me that all the time. And crazy too." I grin as I turn back to look at Aya who has already started shaking her head, but with a smile on her face. This only makes Eliana laugh even harder. But I can't even seem to find it annoying.

"You know that a Lycan's mate can also be a werewolf." She looks back at Aya for a second, then turns to face me. "Or a human."

I think my eyes were about to pop out of its sockets. I looked back at Aya whose mouth was hanging open too. "By the way ladies, I live with my brother and my cousin visits us often. Quite often and he stays a while too."

I don't know if she was trying to chase us away by giving us this information or just warning us for what's to come next. And I definitely did not like either of it.

At this moment, I so wanted to go back to the deep dark woods and hide forever. "Oh, boy" a whisper slips out of my lips. "Tell me they are both mated." Eliana shakes her head, "As I told you before, only a few of us have found our other half. My brothers don't fall in that department yet." Her giggles then fill the car as she sees our expression. But it feels as if it's coming from miles away. My soul seems to have left my body and gone to have an argument with the moon goddess for creating a situation like this.

"Umm. I think we shouldn't bother you any longer than we already have. If you just leave us somewhere else, we will find a place to stay." Aya tries to sound confident as she says it, but her thundering heart says something else.

"Not a chance, ladies. I am not going to abandon you after all that we went through together. I thought we had become friends. Do you not think of me as your friend?" I know she's blackmailing us at this point. I can clearly see that act she's putting on her face, as she keeps her face to the road. The vehicle seems to have stopped. I have no idea when that happened.

"Of- of course you are." I pause. "I mean friends. But-"

"That's it no buts. You are coming with me then." The car roars back to life again. "At least stay until you find a place to stay. Did I forget to mention that my brothers are not in the country and will take a while before they are back?"

"Okay, you are playing us now. How can you do that to us?" I'm accusing her of everything now. Aya seems to be relieved too as she leans back and releases the breath she had been holding. "I was so ready to jump out the car if you didn't let us leave." I realised just how much of an evil creature she is as she's laughing hysterically.

"Do you think they would be able to spike my drink like that if my brothers were around?" she says in-between her breaths.

"I though you Lycans were very powerful what could possibly make you lose your strength like that?" I was really curious now. She stops laughing for now. "Yes, we are very powerful beings, immortal even." Okay now I'm shocked!

"But there's a certain kind of herb that can make a Lycan lose their powers for a few minutes to hour depending on the dose. Those bas**** were able to get their hands on it."

"But how did you end up there?" Aya questions being curious once again. "I was going on a long drive and I wanted to explore this place some more." Her face now held a stern look. "If my brothers ever get a whiff of these, they are so dead. Not like I'm going to just wait for them to do anything. I'll kill them myself once I know where they are." Then she swears under her breath.

I turn my head back to look at Aya. She gives me a look that tells me 'Do not open your mouth' so, I just turn back again facing the front.