Shut Up, Raven

Exhaustion was now taking over my body as I laid next to the girl, flat on her back. Her bruises had already started to heal, a darkish yellow was taking now its place. She looked so peaceful almost as if she was just sleeping, not drugged or almost beaten to death.

Aya checked for any more injuries on her but found none that needed tending. Her arm that was bleeding was healing at an incredible rate. Apart from that she had no physical injuries however I cannot say anything about the drug she ingested.

The unbearable tiredness clouded my eyes as I look up to the wooden roof. "Raven, rest for a while. I'll try to keep an eye out for now." I heard Aya's footstep fade away. My heavy eyelids shut itself close and the blankness overcame my conscious.

I heard a groan beside me. As the memories from before I passed out, came flooding in, I sat up straight and scanned my eyes around the room. My eyes landed on Aya who seemed to be wide awake as well. She was sitting next to the door, her back leaning against the wall next to it. I know she's a light sleeper than I am, but my reflexes get the best of me sometimes.

We both turned to the girl that still laid beside me, but she was stirring. I knew she would wake up any second now. As I promised Aya, I am to still hide my true self and not use any of my power. This is Aya being overprotective and wouldn't agree to anything else I say.

Aya walks over to us and sits beside me as we wait for her to wake up and give us any information on her situation. Or not. It entirely depends on her though.

I see those blue eyes so much like the sky earlier this morning, blink once, twice. Then she's across the room in all her glory, ready to defend herself. Wow, this girl is damn fast! Then her eyes fall on me. Wait, did I just that out loud? She narrows her brow at me. "Damn. I must have said that out loud too."

Oops. Too late. I cover my mouth before I say anymore. Aya looks at me and shakes her head before she looks back at the girl, she too on her feet, ready to attack. Wait did I miss something?

I felt some tension in the room as their gaze never left one another, ready for one to make a move first. "Come on guys, can we just be social for once." I say out loud, still sitting on my bum with my arms crossed over now. I must have looked like an annoying bratty little girl compared to these two. This girl was tall. Heck she stood almost 6'"2 I think, making even Aya look short.

"Oh god, I'm surrounded by giants" I say it out loud again. "Someone please help me shut my big mouth before I get into trouble."

A beautiful melody like laughter stops me from rambling any further. After her phase of laughter had passed, I see her relax and sit on the floor, her back and head leaning back against the wooden wall. "I like you. You are weird." I hear her say with a smile on her face.

When I arch my brow, but she smiles at me, "I like weird. Well, I guess, I am too." Then that makes the two of us.

A smile plays on my lips as I turn to face Aya who's still on her feet, waiting for her to make a wrong move. Oh boy. This sister of mine needs to chill. "Sis, did you hear that? She says she's weird too. How are you going to survive now that there's two of us?"

Her melodious laughter fills the room once again. "I'm sorry, I haven't met anyone like you before." She says in-between her laughter. "Yeah and you'll never meet anyone like her. She's one of a kind. This one." Says my sweet sister as she seems more relaxed but her voice somehow stern. Her arms now folded across her chest.

"Ok. Now on a serious note." Says the girl who had completely stopped laughing now. She now sat on the floor. One of her legs lay flat on the floor while the other pulled back towards her body. Her arms stretched, with fingers crisscrossed, as she looked back and forth between Aya and me. "You are definitely a werewolf" she says indicating to Aya. "What's a werewolf like you doing with a human?" she asks.

I was about to answer before Aya beat me to it. "We saved you from those four werewolves yesterday and carried you across the woods. As far as I can tell, you are not a werewolf and definitely not a human. So" Aya has her hands on her hips now, "What are you?"

"There were four strong werewolves. You were two. Well one and a quarter. I guess. So, ladies, how did you become successful in saving me without getting yourself killed. I doubt they let you walk free. I mean with me. Highly unlikely." She challenges Aya. This was getting too heated for me.

"Oh, I helped too." I said raising my hand as the girl copies my action from before and raises her brow as she wants me to elaborate. While Aya's deadly glare is drilling a hole on the side of my head. "Oh, I said that didn't I?" I start talking again. Oh boy, here we go again. "I got them. Yeah. I got them from the... back? Yeah. That's it. I totally surprised them."

Looking up at Aya was the biggest mistake I made. "And that's my cue to shut up." Shut up, Raven. Can somebody please sew my lips together? I pinch my lips with both my hands and lay low.

The girl has an amusing look on her face like I totally entertained her. "She's strong for a human" is all Aya says, ending the topic. "So back to you, what are you and what did they want from you?" asks Aya once more.

I can read her eyes as she debates if she should say anything. "Look, I'm really thankful for what you ladies have done for me. But letting you know any more than what you already know might put you in danger."

"If what you say is true then we know nothing, and we are still in danger because we fought them to get you out of their hold." Something flashes in her eyes but disappears as soon as it makes its appearance. "So, why don't you do us a favour and tell us what the danger is?"

She's deep in her thoughts but her eyes keep scanning us. The clock ticks by before she sighs and decides to speak gain. "Lycan. That's what I am."