Raven's Promise To The Ocean

I place my face on the glass window of Eliana's beautiful white BMW, as we drive past now. I was amazed to see the town which was filled by two story buildings scattered around on either side of the roads. But when we hit the road, once again we were surrounded by land that stretched forever under the roof of the vast sky. "Wow" I whispered for the untempt time as I sat back and enjoyed the interior of the car at the same time enjoyed the moving scenery in front of me as the car moved along.

"You really need to stop being surprised at every single thing we pass by." Aya chuckles by me. "But I am though. Surprised? I'm enthralled." I couldn't seem to stop smiling.

"I take it's a good thing that you happen to meet me then." Eliana says from the from the driver's seat, as I vigorously nod my head at her. "By the way with you two at the back, I feel like your chauffeur. So, where off to now ladies?" she says saluting at us from the front as her eyes look at us through the rear-view mirror.

Aya smiles as she too shakes her head for the untempt time. While I laugh and shout out, "California!", Eliana joins me in my laughing hysteria. Aya is still being Aya and shaking her head. See. Ha!

I have now moved to the passenger side at the front of the car because I want to try and learn how to drive. Yeah. You all out there be careful because who knows where and when I might crash. I have already given it a go. A few times actually. But driving this thing is harder than walking for a week straight.

Obviously, I have only driven it when we were on wider roads and the sides were just empty space of land.  Aya says I might ruin our chances of getting to California at the rate I was driving. Which she thought was dangerous and reckless and recommended Eliana to stay behind the wheels if we wanted to take the car and not walk for another week straight.

Such a sweet sister she is. Eliana just laughs at everything we say or do. She finds my bickering entertaining and Aya's tolerance to it amusing. I know she secretly enjoys our company as we do. I'm still observing, trying to figure out how she keeps this thing going. Well where it should be which is on the road not by the side off the road as I seem to have been doing. It's going to take years before I finally get to drive one of these by myself. I hope a year is enough though. I'm not very patience. Like none.

I felt bad that we couldn't take turns driving. Eliana must be tried with the hours she had been driving not forgetting that we have been walking forever before that. But she says never to underestimate a Lycan. She says she's barely done anything that would make her tired. Well I'm not complaining, I mean if it was just us, I can clearly see Aya and me struggling between finding a place to stay and looking for foods to keep us going. Of course, dear friend Eliana has been keeping our bellies happy as she stops by when a restaurant is in view. I have been enjoying the foods so far. Even a burger which I learnt it was called, was delicious. The best food I have had my entire life. A normal food. Finally.

The night goes, the day comes and goes. The initial excitement of being is a car is now fading as I'm bored. There is nothing to do, apart from keeping my mouth gaping open as soon as I see the view in front of us change. I swear to god this is the only thing keeping me alive now.

Now I'm starting to see the change in the landscape. The once beautifully covered hills and mountains have been overtaken by the human population as I see the buildings ahead of us. I saw lines of shops and restaurants and all kind of stores there could be. I saw people casually walking, laughing in groups or in pairs. They were wearing all kinds of different clothing. Some in jeans and bandeau, some in pretty dresses, flowy skirts to short shorts.

While some girls barely wore anything, except their beautiful naked bodies and partially covered only what they were meant to. But they did have the body to kill with all those curves and those long legs. I don't see myself in those. Like ever. I doubt I could ever expose my body for so many to view.

Then I saw it, the most mesmerising view that I have seen since leaving the woods. The vast land covered with blue ocean just after the ground filled with the softest looking golden sand right by the side of the road. Oh, I so wanted to walk barefoot on those beaches and taste the feel of the ocean underneath my bare feet. It seems so inviting.

It's a dream that I am seeing with my eyes open. I see myself soaking my feet in the ocean. Just wait for me. Very soon. You and I will meet. I promised the ocean of our meeting as we parted.

Eliana says it's only a few hours now, before we finally arrive to her place. She says that she lives by the beach so I can jump myself at it whenever I want. Oh, I shall.

We left those crowded streets a while back. We are on a road more deserted now. "It's a private property." Eliana informs us. "You saw that gate we passed right. No one can pass through without our permission. Although you might not see it the security is really tight here. No other Lycans, wolf or human alike can come through. They would be stopped by the Lycan guarding the gate." She fills us in.

"Why is there any need for the tight security?" Aya seems curious as I was.

"You know clearly why. The thing that happened to me can't happen again. A werewolf and a little beast might not always be there to save me next time." She smiles softly.

"As you said before, true Lycan's are either royalty or of higher status. I'm one of them. And as you witnessed, werewolves would always want Lycans any way. Some just wants to be on our good side, but some will want us because they lust our strength and power. However, there are ones that might even want to destroy our fortress and weaken us." Now she has an evil grin on her face.

"But those fools don't know that it's impossible. I like that some dream big. Nothing wrong with that. Thinking that one can weaken a true Lycan is a biggest mistake any werewolf or any being can make. A Lycan's weakness turns into its strength and will hunt every single being alive."

"But there must be a way to stop them though?" Aya is really on fire now.

"Of course, there is a way, ladies." A soft glow forms on Eliana's face. "Only a Lycan's true mate can stop a Lycan's bloodthirsty phase. But I'm afraid, only a very few has been blessed with such. Like our King himself."