Raven's Family

"You belong here with us just as much as Aya does."

I stop on my track. Eliana.

"You know no girl has ever called me a sister and hugged me like that before. I don't do well with hugs. Well my little beast, I will like to take this time to inform you that I don't do hugs. At all.

"You really are something else. So, the whole journey was just for Aya's sake. You travelled all the way, just so she can find her mate somewhere along the way. You say you want her happy, but your action says otherwise. Don't you see the sadness that you have caused her right now?"

"Anyways, I don't want to involve myself with that. The issue here now is between you and me. You don't call me a sister unless you are called Elias Nikolaos Castellanos or Lucas Alexander Castellanos." I turn around and give her a look with my face tainted with tears and eyes glossy. She walks to me and bends down so she's eye to eye with me.

"And just so you know. I don't let my sister walk out on me. I keep them right here." She engulfs me in her arms. "And hold on tight. Family stays together. They stick together. They never let go. No matter how hard or how painful it gets.

And you my sister, I intend to hold on tight. I told you, I liked you the first time I met you. The people I like, I keep them around me where my eyes can see them. And I'll do just that with you."

I let go of the bag as my shoulders slump. I bawl my eyes out, the second time today. I grab onto Eliana's shoulder and hold on tight. All my emotions that I was holding, I let them go. All the pain I felt from the parting, I let it all go. Her arms around me tightened as another body wraps around me from the back.

Aya. We both cried until there was no tears left. I felt drained. I felt weak. I was tired. If it wasn't for Eliana's tight embrace, I would have hit face first on the floor.

I felt happy. I felt content. I was with my family. I know I smiled before I lost it all to the darkness which I once again welcomed with a warm heart and heavy eyes.

I woke up with Aya tightly wrapped around me. Her arms and legs were over my body, encasing me in a prison of her body. This small gesture of her made a giggle pass my lips. She opened her eyes as soon as she heard me.

She then came on top of me, almost suffocating me. "You are not leaving me." She whispers. I know she's in the brink of tears. I don't want to be accused of hurting someone's mate again.

I lightly pat her back and start stroking her back as she calms down a little. "I'm not going anywhere sister." I huff. "Now can you please get off me?" I try to push her, but she holds on tight. "Not unless you swear by Ravens to never leave me. I won't get off you."

"Oh sister, I swear by Ravens that I'll not try to leave you ever. Fine?" I huff out. "Fine" she climbs off me still hugs my arm tight. She still doesn't believe that I'm here by the looks of it. "My dear sister, don't you have a mate to go back to?" I try to get her completely off me. But this one is impossible.

"Yes, I do have a mate to go back to. Why, thank you for reminding me. But he can wait one more night because I have this impossibly difficult sister that tries to run on every opportunity she gets." Her long leg come across to cage me once again. "Don't even think about it. I'm sleeping here tonight. So, you might as well close your eyes. You know that once I think of doing something, I'll definitely do it."

She closes her eyes, a smile on her face as she snuggles beside me.

I guess this is home now. I go lower to bury my head in her chest as she wraps her arm around me once again. A smile tugs on my lips as I close my eyes and welcome darkness. I was at bliss. This is what home always felt like. This is what home always smelt like. Was I wrong to believe that this in fact is where I belong? Was it wrong of me to say, home is where family is, and family is Aya? And now Eliana and Elias.