Z&M 9.

Zalaan had made Merzia familiar with the surrounding but her distant and reserved behavior made him even more guilty. He needed time alone and for that in his unstable state of mind he went to the one place that he always went to have a fun time.

The haveli was as always jewelled like a bride. The golden hue of fairy lights dangling from the rooftop to the bottom illuminated the drive way for the spoiled richmen of the society. The strong aroma of flowers greeted his senses as he dared to step into the brothel. Hidden away on the outskirts of the vast city of Karachi was the house of Shahpara the vile woman who destroyed the lives of innocent girls.

"Zehnaseeb.... Aaye Shah sarkar aaye. Aaj apne yaha aakr humari mehfil me chaar chand laga diye" shahpara said in the awfully sweet voice. Zalaan rolled his eyes at her wide grin instead he ordered his regular drink and took his place among the crowd of men belonging to powerful and rich respectable families.

(Welcome.... Come Shah sarkar come. Your presence had made our gathering even better)

"Zalaan sahab suna hai khair se shaadi hogaye hai aapki. Lagta hai biwi ne raatein rangeen nahi ki kia?"
The old man in his fourties laughed with the other making Zalaan's blood boil in anger.
(I've heard Mr Zalaan that you've gotten married. I think your wife hasn't been able to make you nights eventful)

"Kehne ko yeh baat aapki beti per bhi lago hoti. Damad hai na woh aapka" Zalaan said pointing his finger towards a man over his glass of poisonous liquid.
(I could say the same for your daughter. Isn't that your son in law?)

The man turned red with fury. I ignoring his shouts Zalaan tripped to the room where she was.

Throwing the door open Zalaan swayed in the drink taking a toll on him.

"Jahan Ara" his voice called out to the heavily jewelled woman sitting before the vanity table putting on her signature red lipstick. Her red short revealing blouse was painfully tight on her bosom, her red lehenga hung below her belly bottom that was adorned with a shiny belly piercing.

Her sharp black eyes snapped to the man's who stood behind her gazing at her with his hazy eyes.

"Khairiyat Zalaan mian. Mujh nacheez ke dar per aapka kia kaam?" She asked gazing at his disheveled state.
(All good Mr Zalaan. How come you're here?)

His body gave put as he fell on the bed with a loud thud. Crashing the glass right beside her where she sat he yelled out in frustration.

"NAFRAT KARTI HAI WOH MUJHSE. NAFRAT. ME MUHABBAT KARTA HO USSE MAGAR PHIR USKI BAATON SE AISA KION LAGTA HAI KE WOH SAHI HAI AUR ME GALAT. BOLO..." He yelled clutching his hair. His heart was so heavy that he didn't have the energy to stand up he felt as if it was rock not a composition of soft tissues but a heavy boulder that was crushing his lungs.
(SHE HATES ME. HATE. I LOVE HER THEN WHY HER WORDS MAKE ME FEEL LIKE SHE'S RIGHT AND I'M WRONG)

"Aur aap kia chahte the kahiye?" Jahan Ara asked looking the man with worried eyes.
(What else did you want say?)

"Us larki ko apne pass rakhna chahte the le tu aaye ab kis baat ka gum hai. Haan agar gum is baat ka hai ke woh humari tarah khamoshi se aapki shaytani khawahishaat poori nahi karti tu woh yeh bhi sahi karti hai" Jahan Ara said getting up from the stool.
(You wanted that girl in your grasp and now you have her then what's the fuss about? Is it because she doesn't warm your bed like me then that's also a right thing she has done)

"Seedhi baat karo mujhse Jahan Ara" Zalaan said banging his fist on the hard mattress.
(Talk straight Jahan Ara)

"Zalaan sahab jis larki ko biyah kar laayen hain aap. Zeenat hai aapki. Mujh jaisi nahi. Izzat daar aurat hai woh apna maqam jaanti hai mar ke bhi kabhi usse mujh jaisa na samjhiye ga. Aisi auratein apni khawand ko apna sab kuch thama deti hain magar woh khawand hi kia jo naye naveli dulhan ko ghar chore kisi tawaif ki chokhat per para ho. Uthein aur ghar jaayen shaadi shuda mardon per nazar nahi daalti Jahan Ara" she said and leisurely walked out of the room leaving Zalaan to drown in his misery. His eyes shut closed and a picture of Merzia's pure smile and shining eyes burst on the curtain of his eye lids. Jahan Ara's words settled down in the deepest core of his heart as he forced his body up.
(Mr Zalaan the girl you have married is your honour unlike me. She's a respectable woman she's knows her worth never in your life make the mistake to compare her to someone like me. Women like hers give all of themselves to their husbands but what a husband would a man be when he's lying on a prostitutes doorstep. Get up and go home Jahan Ara doesn't prefers married men)