A&N 3.

Days kept passing as Zainab and her fathers fondness towards Nazish grew.

While Zainab loved hanging out with her Naz her father loved sneaking behind them and watching his daughter and his Naz smiling and playing together.

He was still deep in thought when a soft voice called him.

"Sir?" Nazish called him hoping him to just answer with his back to her.
Her wishes went down the hill when he turned. Once again his tall and bold personality made her feel like a dwarf.

"Yes?" He said enjoying her distressed state.

"I-I h-have to ask you something" she said without looking up.

"Go ahead" he ushered her to speak while taking steps towards her making her take steps back.

"I-I.." She couldn't form a sentence as he endlessly took steps towards her. She bit her lip out of uneasiness.

"Umhmm go on I'm listening" he said stopping just a few inches away from her.

"I-I wanted to ask for your permission" she said with much difficulty.

"Permission for what?" He asked circling around her like a predator eyeing his prey.

"Um.. Can I resume my job" she said ducking her head even more.

"Job?" He asked raising a suspicious eyebrow.

"I used to work as a teacher in goldenflag school" she said moving her eyes to his feet which have now stopped beside her.

"Why?" He asked.

"I used to work to pay for Ammi's treatment" she said. Her insides were shaking thinking of what he might do standing this close to her.

"But your motherts no more then why do you have to work now. Besides you're already working here as Zainab's caretaker" he said gazing at her shaking form claded in a royal blue kurti with white trouser and white dupatta which sat proudly on her head.

"I want to work to be able to pay for my online course and as far as Zainab is considered I take care of her because I want to." She said with determination in her voice. Her voice didn't quiver like before.

"Hmm what are you studying?" He asked interested in knowing all about her.

"I'm doing masters in English literature." She answered raising her eyes to glance at him not wanting to stare which she failed miserably at.

"I can pay for your expenses you don't have to work besides if you work who will take care of Zainab?" he said looking at her intently.

"Coincidentally I work in Zainab's school we both can go together and return together. And as far as you paying for my expenses I dont want it. I've always been independent and I would like it to stay that way." She said with finality in her tone she looked directly in his eyes with determination and confidence brewing in hers.

"If you were so independent and paying for your mothers treatment then why did your uncle took money from me and if you were so independent then why did you marry me to pay off the debt" he said in a challenging tone. His words made her go pale.

"He didn't take any money from anyone. You're lying." She said pointing an accusing finger at him.

"Why would I? He took 10 lakh rupees from me. Why else do you thi k he married you off to a man older than you who also happens to have a family" he said sitting down on the chair behind his study table and studied her now pale and shaking form.

"He didn't even visit her in the hospital and you're saying he took a loan from you. A man who didnt give a damn about his dying sister would ask for an amount he can't even return" she said breathless.

"What are you saying" he asked with an expressionless face but inside he knew something was off.

"Aapko kia lagta hai chacha ke pass itne wasail the ke woh aapka qarza pora karpate. Unhon ne tu Abbu ki jaidat bech kar palat kar poocha bhi nahi ke Ammi zinda bhi hain yaa nahi paise dena Tu door ki baat hai. Aapko nahi lagta ke agar woh raqam mujh tak yaa Ammi ne doctor tak pohnchi hoti tu shayad Ammi zinda hoti." She said with tears rolling down. Her knees gave up and she fell down with a soft thud.

(You think uncle had that type of sources to pay you back. After selling dad's property he didn't even for once look back to check if mom was alive or not paying for her treatment is far from that. Dont you think if that amount would've reached me or mom's doctor maybe she would've been alive.)

He rushed to her and held her in his arms.

"Nahi chahiye kisi ka sahara mujhe. Jab apno ka sahara nahi tu phir aap se kion umeed karon me" she said getting out of his hold and moving away from him wrapping her arms around herself. His heart broke seeing her like that. At one moment she's all brave and confident and the very next she's scared as a cat.

(I dont need anyone's support. When I dont have my own blood's then why should I expect it from you)

"Suno." He called her when he saw her leaving.
(Listen)

She stopped but neither did she turn nor did she said anything instead she felt a hand holding Hera and dragging her to the couch placed in the office.

"Tell me everything from the start" he said and sat down beside her facing her completely. He offered her a glass of water which she took gratefully.

"Jab humme pata laga ke Ammi ko bachane ka last option surgery hai tu pehle tu Ammi raazi nahi hui ilaaj ke liye. Lekin phir jab tabiat aur bigarne lagi tu Ammi ne Abbu ke Jo mere naam zameen ki thi uske papers chacha ke bechne keliye dediye. Kuch din tu woh baat talte rahe ke koi estate agent nahi mil raha aur jab Ammi ko hospital me admit karwa dia tu chacha paison aur file samet gayab hogaye. Mene do jobs karrahi thi aur jo thori se jewelry thi usse beach kar bhi surgery ke paise poore nahi hue aur...." She hiccupped at the end. Her words chocked in her throat and cries grew louder. He couldn't take it anymore. Her crying in front of him made him feel like a helpless man and not being able to do anything was also torturing him.

"Shh dont cry please. I'll help you get your things back just don't cry" he trued shushing her down but in his panicked state he could just only hold her face and wipe her tears.

"Can you bring my Ammi back?" She asked looking in his eyes. Her black odds clashed against his honey brown ones.

"No I can't" he said hanging his head low.

"Tu phir me in dunyavi cheezon ko kia apni qabr me le kar jaon. Nahi chahiye mujhe kuch. Aur jahan tak baat aapke paison ki hai woh meri maa ke naam per liye gaye the tu phir chahe mujhe khud beach hi kion na poore karne pare-" her words got cutoff by but him roaring in anger.

(If not then will I take those worldly possession to my grave. I dont want anything. And as far as the money is considered it was taking for my mother even falsely then I'll pay them even if I have to sell myself I-)

"KHAMOSH HOJAO. MAALOOM BHI HAI KIA BAQE CHALI JAARHI HO WOH BHI APNE SHOHAR KE SAAMNE" he roared but she didn't even flinch.

(SHUTUP. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND THAT TOK INFRONT OF YOUR HUSBAND)

"Huh... Shohar bus naam me hi Hain. Rehne den jatana. Aapne bhi tu khareeda hi hai apne qarz ke naam pe. Biwion waali muhabbat tu chalo choro izzat bhi di hai kia aapne mujhe? Bus karden Aman sahab rehne den gairat mandi ke daawe" she saud turned around to leave only to come face to face with Haniya.........

Assalamualikum guys how are you all? Here's another update.

Thora dramatic hogaya shayad. Haina? Lekin koi baat nahi.

Tell me did you like it? Comment and vote and express you opinion freely.

Love
Hafsatahir58