Z&M 2.

▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬

Merzia reached the hospital and rushed towards the room where her father was shifted. With a rush to her steps she sprinted in the hallway and reached the door. Taking in a deep breath and steadying herself Merzia opened the door quietly, not wanting to disturb her father's peace.

She slowly walked towards him and sat on the chair next to his bed. His face looked pale and weak but better than before the heart monitor beeped once in a while and the silence in the room deafened her ears.

"M-Merzia beta" a weak and frail voice spoke making her him softly and run a hand over his head.

"Jee baba" she said holding his hand. She brought up the fragile hand in her hold and kissed the back of it. He opened his light green eyes looking at his daughter lovingly, a small smile spread on his face as he patted her lowered head.

"Aap ko kuch chahiye? Hum doctor ko bolaen?" She asked worriedly when he kept staring at her without uttering a word.

(Do you need anything? Should I call the doctor?)

"Nahi mera bacha." He said bringing his hand up to her face. He cupped her face and caressed her cheek with tears in his eyes. Merzia Nuzzled her face in his palm feeling the lack of warmth in his hands.

(No my child)

"Kia hua baba jaan. Dard horaha hai kaheen hum doctor ko bola kar aate hain ruken" she said getting up and ready to run but Razzaq caught her hand. He tried to sit up but he couldn't.

(What happened baba jaan. Are you in pain. I'll go call the doctor wait)

Merzia used the paddle to bring up the bed a little and helped him sit up properly, Razzaq smiled in gratitude and gestured her to come back to her place. 

"Sab theek hai na?" She asked worried.

(Everything's well right)

"Mere baad tumhara kia hoga" Razzaq said wiping his tears from his eyes. The man shuddered as he felt goosebumps rake his body when he realized hoe she must've been left all alone in this world if he had not woken up again and he couldn't stop thanking his lord for it.

(What will happen to you after me)

"Mere baad kon sambhale ga tumhe" he said in a low voice.

(Who will look after you after me?)

His concern for his daughter was flowing in his veins. The daughter he loved more than his life, the one to whom he has devoted himself to after his wife. When his wife died while giving birth to his girl he promised himself he would do anything he could to keep her safe and happy. He never married in fear that a step mother wouldn't be able to give her the love a mother could. He worked his way to the top of the business world along with the fantasy world of his girl.