ceos daughter IV

"i got that file you asked for." i smiled, walking into colbys office, hands full.

"thanks babe." he smiled, getting up to grab some stuff from me so i didn't drop it all. colby and i have been together for six months now. after two months, i 'moved' into an apartment with hailey... but i pretty much just live at colbys.

"no problem. here's that file and here is your coffee." i said handing them to him. "you have a meeting at 1 with my dad and then you have a dinner appointment with me at 5." i laughed.

"sounds good." he laughed. "what did i ever do without you?" he asked, placing a kiss to my lips. we set everything down on his desk. i ended up staying at my and hailey's apartment last night because her and her boyfriend got into a fight. i felt terrible about it and decided it'd be best to stay with her... which means i hadn't seen my boyfriend until now.

"how was hailey doing?" he asked me, moving my hair out of my face.

"not great. she's still really upset... it's probably best for her if i were to stay with her again tonight." i sighed.

"i get it, babe. tell her i hope she feels better." he told me, kissing my temple.

"i will." i sighed. colby and hailey have met a handful of times... she really likes him for me. we kind of just complete each other. colbys lips gently met mine.

"what the fuck?" i heard from behind me... oh shit. i looked back to see brittany standing their, her mouth agape. great. i had left the door opened when i walked in because i didn't have enough hands to pull it shut. i'm so stupid sometimes.

"it's not what it looks like." i defended.

"so you guys weren't just making out in here?" she asked. "does your dad know?" she gasped.

"he doesn't know yet-" colby started but brittany cut him off.

"oh my god. you slut." she said to me.

"don't fucking say that to her." colby defended, pulling me into him.

"i'm about to ruin your life." brittany smirked at me. i knew my dad wouldn't really care. he just wanted me to be happy. the worst thing that would happen would be him moving me to be an assistant for someone else... and even that was unlikely.

i watched brittany practically sprint out of the room, so ready to 'ruin my life.' i rolled my eyes, grabbing colbys hand and walking to the elevator to go talk to my dad.

the elevator ride between the three of us was so awkward. i just wanted to get it over with.

brittany basically ran off of the elevator when we got to the correct floor. colby and i walked hand in hand into his office, right behind her.

"what's this?" he asked, motioning to colby and i holding hands. brittany was about to speak but i beat her to it.

"dad, colby and i are dating." i came straight out to him.

"oh... okay. are you happy?" he asked me.

"very much so." i smiled, looking to colby. he smiled back to me, both of us turning our attention back to my dad.

"then that's great, sweetheart. you guys should come for dinner tonight with serena and i." he said, referring to my mom. "and invite hailey as well! i haven't seen her in a few weeks." he said, making me smile in content. "what did you need, brinley?" he asked, messing up her name which made me chuckle.

she simply just huffed and walked out of the room, colby and i following to go back to his office.

"that went well." he said, sitting in his big office chair.

"it did." i sighed, practically falling into his lap.

"what do you say we take a half day and go try to cheer hailey up?" he asked me.

"you're the best boyfriend ever." i smiled, leaning in to kiss him.

"i love you." he said, kissing me again.

"i love you." i replied.

"no... like i'm in love with you." he said, looking into my eyes. it took me a few seconds but i knew the feelings were mutual.

"i'm in love with you too." i smiled, kissing him yet again. everything was falling into place.