fight

adelaides point of view

sam and colby were out filming for the day so i was hanging out with tara and kat. devyn was hanging with us but ended up getting sick so she's been in bed all day.

"hey, i'm gonna head up to my room." i said. "i have editing to do." i told them.

i went up the stairs and into colby and i's mess of a room. i guess i should probably clean up after i'm done editing.

the mess was both of ours but more so colbys. he had dirty clothes littering the floor and empty bags of hot cheetos, empty water cups, etc. it was kind of gross.

-

"hey." i smiled to colby as he walked in our room.

"where are my zipper joggers?" he asked me, not greeting me back.

"i don't know." i told him.

"well maybe if someone would do the fucking laundry." he muttered under his breath.

"seriously?" i asked. "i'm not your mother, you're perfectly capable of doing your own laundry."

"i've been working all day! it'd be nice to come home to a clean room sometimes." he spit.

"don't make a mess and it won't need cleaned." i shot back. "our jobs are literally to go have fun. go work a 9-5 job and then come talk to me about it. i work more than you. why don't you clean?" i asked him.

"oh yeah because the photo shoots you do for magazines are soooo hard." he fired back.

"stop being an asshole." i muttered.

"stop being a bitch. no wonder jake left you." he said.

"you know what, fuck you." i yelled, getting off the bed. i saw this face soften when he realized what he said.

jake is my ex-boyfriend. he was very emotionally abusive and occasionally he got physical with me. so the fact that colby had the audacity to say that to me was enough for me to leave.

"baby, stop. i didn't mean-" he started.

"what? you didn't mean to pin point my biggest emotional weakness and attack me about not cleaning up after you. grow the fuck up." i spit.

"adelaide, i didn't mean it. you know i fucking hate him for what he did to you. you don't deserve that." he said, grabbing my hand.

"what's going on?" jake asked.

"colbys just being an asshole. don't worry about it." i told jake with the smallest smile i could.

jake nodded.

"i'm going to visit my sister. i'll be back in the morning." i said.

despite colbys protests, i left the house.

-

"you should probably go home." my sister, elena, said to me.

"you're right. thanks for letting me stay." i told her.

"of course. good luck with colby." she gave me a pity smile.

"thanks. i'll need it."

-

"hey, you're finally home!" tara said when i came in the front door.

"yeah. is colby here? i think i should talk to him." i told her.

"he's in your room." she told me. i ascended up the stairs and opened the door to our bedroom.

the room was completely spotless. the bed was made perfectly and all of the clothes that had been on the floor were folded in a little basket, ready to be put away.

"colby?" i called out.

"babe!" he said, practically running over to hug me.

"thank you for cleaning. i'm sorry i didn't do it." i confessed to him.

"you shouldn't have to. we share this room and i shouldn't depend on you to clean up after me. i'm sorry about what i said last night." he admitted.

"it's alright, babe." i promised him.

"i love you." he told me with a kiss.

"i love you so much." i replied, kissing him again.