boxing part 3

"i'm so nervous." i admitted to blythe.

"he's got this, ad. he's an undefeated professional. ian's got nothing on him." she said.

i knew that it wasn't blythes fault that colby was doing this, cause she would never ask him to do this for her, but i couldn't help but to put a tiny bit of blame on her.

colby had left me with tom and blythe for evening but tom soon disappeared.

"we should probably go see colby before he goes out." blythe said.

"okay." i sighed as we stood up.

the underground boxing ring was just as bad as expected. there were a bunch of smaller rooms around the big room with the ring in it. colby and ian were using them as 'locker rooms'

"hey, colby." blythe said as we entered the room that we was getting ready in.

"hey guys. are you okay?" colby asked me, grabbing my hand.

"uh- yeah. i'm good." i gave him a slight smile. in all honesty, i couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night in the parking lot.

-

i was sitting in between tom and blythe in the metal chairs around the ring. there had to be 60 people in this little room.

the 'ref' introduced ian and then colby.

he blew his whistled and it was time.

i watched ian take the first hit, making me wince when his fist came into contact with my boyfriends face.

i assumed colby was just trying to tire ian out. he really really wasn't putting the effort in this.

"tom, is he okay? it doesn't look like he's just tiring him out." i whispered after a few minutes

"he's just not into it. he's going to loose." tom said.

and he was right when colby was pinned on the floor. the ref counted to three and that was it for round #1.

tom called for a break and i went back to meet colby in his room.

"what's going on out there? that is not the undefeated boxing champion that i know." i told him with a small smile.

"i don't know. i'm just not into it today." he admitted.

"common babe, do this for m- blythe. do it for me and blythe." i corrected.

"i'll try."

"i know you can do it. good luck." i told him with a kiss.

"come on colby!" i yelled for him from my side.

ian whispered something to colby and it's like something just clicked inside of him and he started fighting like i knew he could.

colbys pov

"your girl throws a mean left jab." ian said to me as i blocked. i looked at him confused.

was he watching her train with me?

"what? she didn't tell you about our little talk we had up against her car?" he asked.

it sparked something inside of me. he couldn't touch my girl and get away with it.

i threw the hardest left jab i possibly could at him. i heard adelaides cheers from behind me and i continued punching him.

i wasn't only doing this for blythe now. i was also doing it for my girlfriend.

i didn't even register what was happening because all i could see was red. he touched her. but she threw a jab at him. my girl.

next thing i knew, i had pinned ian and i had won the second round.

best out of three.

adelaides point of view.

"and our undefeated champion is colby brock!" the 'ref' yelled, grabbing colbys arm.

ian was bleeding out of his nose and mouth and had visible bruises forming whereas colby had almost no physical damage.

"you did it!" i smiled when we got back into his 'room.' "what changed in you?"

"why didn't you tell me?" he asked, seeming more hurt than mad.

"oh... i wanted to. but blythe and i agreed to wait until after the fight." i told him.

"you should've told me. i hate not being able to protect you." he admitted.

"i'm sorry." i explained.

"just tell me exactly what happened." he requested

i explained the situation to him.

"he's fucking dead. he touched you adelaide."

"colby, stop. i'm fine. if he messes with you again, i promise i'll tell you and you can do whatever you'd like. but you just beat him. let's just go celebrate!" i encouraged.

"you kept your thumb out, right?" he asked me.

"i did." i nodded with a smile.

"that's my girl." he smirked, pulling me closer.