Extra: Priviliged

Here is the first of the extras :) This one is young Taryn meeting her team. I hope you enjoy ^_^ 

“Kaori Fuujima, Haru Akora, Ao Fukuma. And the last team will be Sora Motou, Kohaku Akora and Mizuki Cho.”

Taryn blinked when her name was not called. It had to be a mistake. She was top of her class. She had passed the exams. So why had she not been divided into a team?

She raised a hand.

“Ah, yes Taryn,” Shiraki-sensei said.

“My name was not called,” Taryn stated.

“Yes, I know. Other arrangements have been made for you,” Shiraki-sensei said, “your father has requested it.”

Taryn felt the eyes of her classmates on her and she gritted her teeth. She hated being treated as the Kazekage’s daughter. Why did her father have to rub it in with everyone? She just wanted to be like everyone else, without special treatment. She could already hear the whispers.

Her sensei had already turned back to address the rest of the class. “Your new sensei will arrive here shortly to take you with them. They will be responsible for your training from this moment on. Please give them the respect they deserve. Follow their instructions closely, your lives may depend on it.” She sighed. “That was all. You are now officially Genin. Take good care of yourself and your teammates. Good luck. I’m proud of you all.” She turned to Taryn. “Taryn, please follow me. The rest of you, wait here patiently for your new trainers.”

Taryn slowly rose from her seat and avoided looking at her classmates. She had no idea what her father wanted from her. What special arrangements would he have in mind? She may be top of her class, she was still only a Genin.

Perhaps he wanted to send her back to Konoha.

“Where are we going, sensei?” she asked the woman beside her.

Her sensei didn’t look at her when she replied. “I was instructed to bring you to your father’s office. He will explain everything to you.”

Taryn studied the woman carefully, but her tone didn’t give anything away. At least there was no pity in her eyes.

She hated pity.

Of course that meant nothing. Perhaps the woman wasn’t informed about her father’s plans.

Taryn sighed. She wasn’t going to like this, she was sure of it.

Her sensei knocked on the door to the Kazekage’s office and stepped inside. “I’ve brought your daughter, Kazkeage-sama.”

The Kazekage looked up and nodded. “Thank you. You may go.”

Taryn gave one last glance at her sensei as the woman left and then turned to her father. “Why did you call me here?” she asked.

Her father finished the document he was working on and folded his hand over it. He regarded his daughter for a long time. He had seen her rapport cards, knew from the Academy teachers about her progress. Now it was time to put it in action.

“I wanted to introduce you to your teammates and your new sensei.”

Taryn blinked. “What do you mean? I wasn’t divided into a team.”

Her father smiled and stood up. “Follow me.”

***

They walked across the village in the direction of the training grounds. “It took me a while to find a suitable team. They have done many missions, but they are short of a member now that one of them has been promoted.”