Chapter 15

The next morning, Minerva had looked like she didn't really sleep at all. Technically, she was in bed with her eyes closed. But the kiss was literally in her mind all night.

Her hands were on her cheeks, feeling flustered all over again. "I can't believe we did that..." Tossing and turning, Minerva put a pillow over her face.

Getting ready for the day, Minerva stepped out of the room with faded dark circles around her eyes. She never felt so tired in her life. That kiss consumed her mind all night. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get it out of her mind. The image of her and Pit kissing in the fountain made her blush like crazy, lost in her own thoughts.

"Good morning, Minerva!" Minerva let out a scream, turning to see it was Pit. Pit just blinked, looking at her confused. Not even a minute later, he started snorting and laughed afterwards. "Did I just really scare you?! I was not expecting that at all!"

Minerva blushed in embarrassment, averting her eyes. "You shouldn't sneak up on me like that..."

Pit wiped a tear away. "Sorry about that. I admit it was funny, but it was more cute."

Minerva's blush deepened. "R-Really..?"

A slight blush appeared on Pit's face. "Yeah..." He looked closely at her. "You don't look too good. Are you feeling ok?"

Minerva lowered her head and shook it. "Not really... I couldn't sleep last night."

"Why not?"

"Because of yesterday..."

Pit realized what she meant as his blush deepened. "Oh... That." He averted his eyes, clearing his throat. "So, Minerva... I wanted to ask you something."

"Hey guys! Good morning!" Link said as he walked up to them.

Minerva gave him a smile, trying to calm her beating heart. "Good morning, Link."

Link returned the smile. "Good morning, Minerva." His smile turned into a frown. "You don't look too well. You ok?"

"I didn't sleep too well last night..."

"Are you feeling sick or something?"

Minerva squeezed her lips. "Something like that."

"You should take a long nap after breakfast."

Pit nodded. "That's right! It's important to get plenty of rest!"

Minerva let out a yawn. "Yeah... You're right... I'll do that."

Link nodded. "Good. I was going to go ahead and go to the dining room. You guys want to walk with me?"

"We will in a bit." Pit said. "I just gotta discuss something with Minerva real quick."

"Leaving me out, huh? Are you going to talk smack about me or something?" Link let out a laugh. "Just joking. I'll see you in a bit." He began walking away, leaving the two alone.

Pit let out a sigh. "That guy... I swear..." He turned to Minerva. "Anyway... I have a question for you."

Minerva swallowed. She was curious about what he was about to ask her. "What is it?"

Pit rubbed the back of his head. "Would you... Like to do something tomorrow? Like... Just the two of us?"

Minerva felt her heart racing. She knew exactly what he meant by that. "Are you... Asking me on a date?"

Pit shrugged, averting his gaze to the side while blushing. "I mean... If you want to call it that, then... Yeah. It's a date."

Minerva felt her face getting hot. Lowering her head, she nodded shyly. "S-Sure... I'll love to."