CHAPTER LIII: THE ULTIMATE CLASH

FORNEUS "SLATE" FURTUR

"You can't defeat me," Jophiel says through gritted teeth as he uses his incredible strength to push his sword forward, making my arm numb. His eyes, just like Adrian's, are blazing. His eyes are burning with hatred and disgust. They have the same eyes yet Adrian's have something wonderful, and that can't be compared with his father's. "I'm the King of the Heaven, and you're in my realm!"

Smirking, I build up strength and push him backwards, kicking him in his leg. He doubles backwards and points his sword at me. "Believe it or not, Jophiel, I've already tainted your realm. This is probably why I can summon my legion here, at this very place. Plus, these wings may suggest something... more, don't you think?"

I jerk my head to the side, pointing at my wing that has turned white but the other one remains black. Jophiel trains his eyes at my wings, and a look of disdain crosses his features. Maybe he knows something about this type of condition Adrian and I have. But being the big baby he is, of course, he wouldn't tell us. I guess I just have to find out myself.

To be honest, I feel something raw, a power, that's surging through my veins. I really don't know what it is, or what this means, but this is something powerful.

This could be a good thing.

"You son of a bitch!" Jophiel charges again and I prepare my stance, setting out a foot in front of me as I raise my sword.

As he runs, his white wings spread wide open and he jumps, his wings supporting him, as he aims the tip of his sword to where my heart is located. He's stupid enough to think that I don't know that move. I position myself and fly towards him, gripping the sword tightly as I prepare myself for the impact that is coming. As soon as our swords meet, a large wind blows around us, sending a couple of my legion and his men to tumble backwards. Meeting every thrust of his sword, I keep blocking it and putting myself in a defensive state, unable to attack. Believe me, Jophiel is really powerful and he's a good combatant. He didn't become the King just because he was chosen. No, he had this awesome power like he was destined to become a leader, not just a follower.

His eyes are wide, his teeth gritted. I notice how much he has changed, and the aura of a king has already been long gone and what's in front of me is just a man who wishes to end my life. I was an angel once, and my father was a king, but he never acted this way. The Jophiel in front of me is different – he's more vicious, dangerous, and scary. He's more of a demon than me.

"You don't even look like a king now," I say right in his face as I arch a brow, and that pisses him more. He uses enough strength just to topple me over and I have to set my feet in the right places or else I would fall down. "You killed your son just so you could hurt me. What kind of a father are you?"

"Hadraniel stepped in right in front of you," he reasons out, rolling his eyes. "And if I have to use him just so I can hurt you and possibly kill you, then so be it."

"But he's your son!" I yell, motioning my hand to where the queen and my boyfriend were right before I transported them to somewhere safe. "You're hurting your son. It's not right. He didn't deserve that and he doesn't deserve you as a father, you little piece of shit."

Jophiel scoffs, his jaw clenching as his eyes scan his perimeter. I do the same thing. Some of my men are already on the ground, disintegrating slowly, purified weapons still latched on them.

"You don't get to teach me how I deal with my son, or how I run things here," he glares icily at me and points his sword and I ready myself. "You were an angel, but you chose to be a demon. There was a chance. There was still a chance, but you held on to your anger. You let those demons get their hands on you, that's why you became a demon. So you don't have the right to give me rational and wise words, because you don't know any of it and you will never know of it." Jophiel immediately runs towards me with such speed that I lose sight of him for a moment, but when I do, I take a great damage as his fist collides on my cheek and I fly backwards.