CHAPTER XXVII: ONE MORE TIME

"Don't be sad when the sun goes down
You'll wake up and I'm not around
I've got to go
We'll still have a summer after all."
- Lady Gaga, Summerboy

FORNEUS "SLATE" FURTUR

"So you're giving me the silent treatment, aren't you?" I ask him.

After knowing what a date really means, Adrian is ignoring me, not saying anything to me. His face, neck, and ear are still burning with embarrassment. As expected, he just gives me a shrug and turns his back on me, staring absentmindedly outside. A few seconds later, he takes a seat on the couch, making himself comfortable as he lets out a deep sigh.

Like an annoying demon I am, I take a seat beside him and he tenses, scooting to the right, further away from me as he keeps his gaze straight at the window. Smirking, I turn to him and see that his eyes are trained on me from the corner of his eyes, but he trains it back to the window. I scoot closer to him, humming as I do and the more I get closer, the more he tenses and becomes uncomfortable.

I don't know why I think it's funny that he's being like this – childish, when I'm supposed to be annoyed by the fact that he's being like a little kid who has been refused to given of candies and other treats. Nonetheless in my eyes he's still cute, like a little boo-boo that needs taking care of. Adrian remains silent, crossing his arms across his chest and when I'm near, our clothed thigh almost touching, he tries to stand up but my arm shoots forward, hand catching his wrist and forcing him to seat down beside me again. Adrian lets out a yelp, looking at me with wide fearful eyes and I throw him my usual smirk – the sly one, eyes twinkling with amusement.

My fingers trail up across the skin of his arm, teasing, looking at him. "Adrian... don't be like that to me," I whisper huskily to him, leaning forward and I catch a sniff of his aromatic scent that makes my inside twist in anticipation. "Don't ignore me, my little angel."

Adrian remains silent, lips tightly shut, but it's twitching. My fingers reach the sleeves, tugging it gently and he gulps audibly. I smirk, leaning down a bit closer and he squirms, trying to scoot backwards but he's reached the end of the couch, and his back is now resting on the inside arm of the couch.

Finally his eyes meet mine – those adorable eyes of his are awesome and breathtaking and mesmerizing. I know this is the time to tell myself to stop, but looking at those eyes, getting lost in them, I don't even know if I should continue doing this. All I know is that I have to do this; I have to lean down, lock my lips with his, and let my hands roam around his body, worshipping and feeling every part of him. That sounds awesome, right?

His minty breath is now fanning my face and our lips are few centimeters away from connecting. Adrian unknowingly lips his lower lip, his eyes flickering between mine and my lips. Satan, that's so sexy. Like I just want to ravish his lips until he forgets everything, until his world spins, and hold him like I would when I was an angel, like how my mother would do to me. My palm cups his face, and Adrian leans into my touch, his eyes boring into mine, getting lost in mine, and my thumb gently runs across his cheek, then across his lower lip. Holy Hell, it's so soft and fluffy and so kissable.

"Um, Slate... what... what are you doing?" he asks me, slightly panicky.

I give him a smile just to let him know that it's going to be okay. As much as I want to stop, I cannot. I feel like for the first time, I'm back in my home. Not the Hell, not the Heaven, but here. I don't even know where here is. I just feel like it's here. Damn it. How come Adrian gets to do this to me?