CHAPTER L: THE WAR - PART IV

CHAPTER L: THE WAR – PART IV

"Master Hadraniel," I look at my best friend, the one that has been there for me ever since I was a kid, and he throws me his purified sword. I'm about to ask him why when he speaks again. "You're going to need it more than I do."

I catch the purified sword in time and look at the blade for a moment. It's shining, and I can clearly see my reflection on it. I look just like me, but I feel different. The first one to attack is the demons and they attack with rage and fury. My mother sees me and is about to move forward when a demon stops in front of her. I yell out loud, raising my sword and run towards my mother, who has begun fighting the demon. My mother's hair is pulled back, strands of her hair going in front of her angelic face. I have never seen my mother fight before. She's wearing a metallic armor, from her body down to her feet. A large sword is in her hands, and I can clearly see something engraved across the blade but I can't quite read it.

The werewolves begin to transform themselves and they attack together. I see Maki, or Dantalion, battling the other demons with such ease, killing demon after demon as they grapple him. When my mother is finished with the demon, the blade sticking through the demon's body, she smiles at me before being engaged to another fight with a demon, this time, the demon is larger. I run faster, but someone lands in front of me. Of course, you guessed it right, it's another demon. Without further ado, I slide down and swing the sword, getting a right timing to slash his left leg and the demon howls in pain. The reason why the sword has been purified is for the demons not to get reborn after they were killed. I smile to myself before being knocked out by a gargoyle. I yelp, thrashing around to get the creature off of me, but I can't. I'm powerless and the sword has been knocked off of my hand. Then a demon hand goes through the gargoyle's body, blood splashing on my body and I make a face in disgust. The gargoyle has been lifted and thrown away and I see Slate giving me a hand as a smirk quirk on his lips. I roll my eyes and see a demon aiming his claws to pierce Slate's heart.

"Duck," I say and Slate quickly obliges.

I roll down and grab the sword lying on the ground and immediately throw it on the demon's face. I may be a mortal, but I didn't lose my 20/20 vision and 100% aiming skill. As the demon opens his mouth, the sword inserts into it and the demon suddenly vanishes, turning into dust as he yells.

"You're quite a fighter," Slate says, his red eyes glinting in amusement and awe.

"I was trained that way," I only say before we get caught up in a fight again.

Rolling on the ground to the side as the demon claws the ground I was on, Slate throws me the sword and I catch it in time before sticking it in the demon's chest. The demon yells in pain before getting my arm and throws me so high I yell in fear. Hopefully, Dantalion is there to catch me. He winks at me before getting me onto my feet on the ground and I thank him. He flies towards the horde of demons and I begin to fight the others.

"One more wink and I'll consider him as an enemy," Slate groans as his hands curl around a demon's neck, throwing him on the ground before stabbing him in the chest.

"Now is not really the good time to be jealous, Slate." I tell him before swinging my swords as another two gargoyles fly around us. "Slate... a little help here."

"No, go ask Dantalion." He states stubbornly.

"Dantalion!" I yell out as the gargoyles start to attack me.

I keep swinging my swords at the gargoyles flying just a few centimeters away from me. The gargoyles' lips are tugged in a smile, as if mocking me. Dantalion is almost there when Slate begins to smash the gargoyle's head with each other.