Not a Good Day

*Another Re-write Chapter*

3rd Person POV:

"Come on Avia, it's time to wake up." Colette said, kissing her pale nine year old on the head.

"Mommy, I'm tired." She groaned, rolling to face her mother. A look of pain etched on her face.

"I know baby, but the doctor said we need to keep you on somewhat of a normal schedule. It'll help you adjust to your chemo." Colette whispered, stroking her hair.

"What's the point if the chemo is make me feel this way." She muttered.

"Just trust me. How about we go upstairs and lay on the couch. I don't care if you stay awake you just need to get up and move around a bit." Her mother said, trying to reason with her.

"Deal." She said, smiling a little bit and slowly rising out of bed.

Colette extended her hand to her curious to see if she would take her help. Fortunately she did as she dragged herself out of the bed. She leaned heavily into her mother's side as the pair started to walk upstairs, half up the stairs she stopped.

"Mommy I don't wanna walk anymore everything hurts." She complained, tears starting to fill her soft brown eyes.

"Alright, alright. I'll carry you." Colette assured her daughter as she picked her up and carried her the rest of the way. Just as she placed Avia down on the couch she could see her starting to fall asleep again. "Come on Av's stay awake just long enough to eat breakfast." She told her daughter as she was trying to fight off the exhaustion.

Avia muttered a combination of alright and whatever as Colette went into the kitchen to make her daughter some breakfast. Fortunately she and Avia were the only ones home right now, leaving the how nice and quiet. Gavin and Emmi were both at school, while Shay had taken Brock and Daxton out for the morning. Colette searched around the kitchen looking for something to make Avia for breakfast, normally when her kids were sick she'd make pancakes or waffles to help them cheer up, but Colette was suspecting that Avia probably wouldn't be able to stomach either of those things as she had barely been able to hold down her dinner of plain pasta from the night before. After searching around the kitchen for a minutes, Colette decided that it was best to ask Avia and see what she was in the mood for. She walked over to the couch where she had left Avia, only to find her fast asleep. Colette sighed as she ran her daughter's brown hair, Avia had only had three chemo treatments so far and had already lost so much energy. While she had been relatively fine after the first two, even feeling well enough to play outside with her siblings, this third one seemed to have finally started to take it's toll.

When Colette got up to go start some laundry she felt something lingering in her hand, she looked down and saw that it clumps of thin brown hair. She swallowed thickly as she walked into the bathroom, discarding of the hair allowing the tears to fall from her eyes. She let the tears fall as she let disease begin to wreak havoc on her daughter, on her family, on her. She composed herself walking back into the family room where her gravely ill child was sleeping.

"I promise I will do everything in my power to help you and I will never leave your side!" Colette whispered, giving Avia a kiss on the forehead tears falling from her eyes once again.

"Mom, why are you crying?" Avia questioned, slowly sitting up on the couch. More hair falling from head.

"Nothing, it just pains me to see you like this." Colette whispered, running her hand on Avia's face.

"Mommy, I'll be fine! I promise!" Her daughter replied weakly, a smile etching onto her face.

Colette couldn't help but smile at her daughter and the overwhelming optimism she displayed.