Final Moments of Freedom and The Start of Chemotherapy

Avia's POV:

I woke up in the hotel room sleeping next to my Mom. I had felt bad breaking up my parents sleeping arrangements, but both had requested that sleep with one of them because of my surgery yesterday and they wanted to keep an eye on me. Both of my parents were already awake and the rest of my siblings were still asleep. My parents looked like they didn't get much sleep last night.

"Morning." I said yawning and stretching a little

"Morning." They both said tiredly

"Is everything okay?" I asked looking up at both of them

"Yeah sweetie, were just a little worried about you. That's all." Mom said kissing my head

"Ohh I'm sorry." I said feeling bad that I caused them to no sleep

"It's not your fault Avs, in all honesty we probably shouldn't be worrying as much. You'll be fine." Dad told me

"You sure, you guys are okay?

"Were sure sweetie, now get up and get dressed your mother and I want to do something fun with you kids before you start treatment." Dad told me

"Okay!" I said excitedly, wondering what my parents had in store for us.

I was in the bathroom getting dressed when for the first time I got a really good look at my port. There under the clear plastic that covered it you could a scar poking out from underneath it, it looked disgusting. I just broke down crying, I couldn't handle it. My parents came rushing into the bathroom at the sound of my cried.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Dad asked kneeling down next to me

"I can't handle this, I'm afraid!" I cried into him

"Ohh sweetie it's okay to be afraid, you're going through alot right now. But I promise that your Mom and I will help you through all of this and we will be by your side every step of the way, your siblings to." He said kissing my forehead and hugging me tighter.

"Ohh.ohh. Okay." I stuttered, calming down

"Okay now finish getting dressed so we can go down to breakfast." He told me

So I threw on my Swiftie shirt and a pair of leggings, I was told that chemo was long and had the potential to be uncomfortable and not feel well. So I decided to wear comfort clothes to help me through the day. Once I finished I was meet by my parents and siblings as we headed down to the breakfast bar, they were all happy while I still scared, lagged back. Thoughts racing through my mind. We may be in a hotel right now, but I knew that what was to come today was nothing like a vacation. Throughout breakfast we talked and pretended to be a normal family that wasn't going through all of these horrible things and us kids anxiously awaited what Mom and Dad had planned of us before I started chemo.

"Okay kids so before Avia starts chemo and our lives get a little out of whack your Dad and I wanted to do something fun with you kids. And because we can't really travel or go on vacation, we decided to take you guys to the trampoline park up here for a few hours before your sister has to start chemo." Mom explained, which resulted in a chorus of applause from us kids.

"Now once we finish breakfast we off to go back up to the room pack, check out and then were off to the trampoline place." Dad told us

"Why do we have to go back and pack?" Emmi asked "Aren't we staying here?"

"I'm sorry sweetie, but we can't stay here. You and Gavin have to go back to school tomorrow, I know you guys wanna stay here with her. But school is important as well and you have to go." Mom told her