Skiing

AN: Alright this chapter is about skiing now for all you non skiers out there let me break it down for you. I talk about the types of trails, there is green, double green, blue, double blue, black diamond, double black diamond. Each trail is also marked with a shape green=circle, blue= square and black= diamond. Now ski boots are the things that allow you to be attached to the ski and are very difficult to walk in. The require you to talk heel toe, heel toe, because if you don't then your gonna fall flat on your face because they're very restricting. Everything else is pretty much what you would thing you turn with your legs and ski poles help you move and its very, very cold usually. 

Avia's POV:

We just got a fresh coat of snow last night which can mean only one thing in the Butler family. Mandatory ski trip. We hadn't gotten much snow this season and dad was eager to get us out to the mountain as much as possible. He took Gavin earlier this month but I had to miss because I had chemo and radiation. We woke up early that morning and packed the car full of ski gear, then we loaded up into the car and began the hour drive to the mountain. I ended up falling asleep on the way up, it ended up being a blessing in disguise because Emmi and Brock were fighting with each other pretty much the entire way. I woke up when we started the road up the mountain. When we reached the top and were loading out of the car Emmi said. 

"Is that the mountain?" 

"Yup" my dad said laughing and helping me out of the car. 

"And you expect us to go down that." she asked turning to him

"Well only if you want to, I don't want to force you to do something you don't want to" he said 

"Okay then I'm staying in the lodge with mom, because I personally enjoy living" she said following mom toward the lodge. 

"Suit yourself" my dad said laughing again. 

We finished helping mom bring some stuff to the lodge to keep Daxton and now Emmi occupied before putting our skis on heading toward the chair lift. Now I know what your thinking how is a girl on crutches and slightly paralyzed in one leg supposed to ski. Number one skiing isn't walking and doesn't require use of my feet and number two the part of skiing that requires leg use can be done with poles therefore I can do it. We started off the day by doing some easy green trails and the bunny hill with Brock a few times before he had to go to his ski lesson, then we meet up with Uncle Casey, Gage and Braille. We then did some blue and green trails until lunch. 

"Kids go and sit with Colette while Case and I get the food" my dad said motioning us toward the table were my mom was sitting with Emmi, Daxton and Brock who had just finished his ski lesson. 

Gavin, Braille and Gage had no problem moving through the crowded lodge where as I on the other hand had a great deal of trouble. Walking in ski boots is difficult enough when your not on crutches, with crutches and one foot is a whole different story. I gave up trying to get to the table after bumping into several people and went to go find my dad in line. 

"Avia, what's up?" My dad questioned when I got in line with him. 

"I kind of had a hard time getting to the table. Ski boots, crutches and paralyzation don't mix well" I said 

"I see" my dad said picking me up and throwing me on his shoulders. "Now let's call your mother so that way she doesn't get too worried" he continued whipping out his phone

Once he finished talking to mom on the phone we ordered lunch and headed back to the table. It ended up working out that I went with him because I was able to help him carry things to the table because it would have been too much for him to carry on his own. For lunch my dad had just gotten a few things of chicken fingers and a few things of fries for all of us to share. Mom had also grabbed all of us hot chocolate before we came inside so that we it would be nice and warm for us, although mine had gotten a little cold because I had went with dad to get food.