Jump Start

Memories of my past in this world are vague. Certain events stick out like sore thumbs, but others fade into a fuzzy grey monotone. I look to Merry, my personal ninja who is always by my side yet never is. When I look for her, she will be there, but if I don't look for her, she isn't there. Alfred had betrayed us long ago, going over to my brothers side,  but when Lukas examined his emotions and thoughts, we knew he was more than inclined to be on our side, he just left out of fear. Nickolas and Fenrir worked together in the adventurers guild, pulling in staunch supporters from every where they traveled.

The Incisors are all over the nation, keeping the peace. Beast man all over the realm joined, and now I stand before my brother with an army behind me. "Hello, Brother." He says to me. "Hello. And good bye." Merlin steps forward from behind me, patting me on the back. He gives me a magical boost so I may move swiftly, the last mercy I gift to my brother is a swift death.

I work for years, drawing out corruption in the realm, adding schools and eliminating racism between humans and beast-man with Fenrir's help. And then finally... Lukas stepped before me. He whispers to me "It's time to go home... I can only keep us here so long." He presses his hand  in front of and behind my heart, and a light begins to shine.

"This world has stabilized, they don't need you any more. See you on the other side..." I open my eyes to a white ceiling, and I find I'm to weak to move. A nurse comes in soon, and speaks with me. I had been in a coma for a long time. The family of the boy I saved continued paying when my family had all but given up on me, and the boy soon came to visit.

"Hello." He says softly. "Lu-" I break into a fit of coughs. He nods. "I'm known as Cameron here, but feel free to keep calling me that. Alf and Nick aren't from our world, but Merlin is. I kind of... Put my female childhood friend in him. She had a red thread connected to you, so she connected to Merlin as she slept, as I connected to Lukas. Day and night are opposites in the two worlds." I nod softly.

"I owe you so much. This isn't the first time you've saved my life you know, Thomas. Merry is from this world, and she owes you too. We would like to stay as your servants, if you're okay with that. We have no other way to repay our debt."

Two girls walk in. "Impossible..." Lukas says. "The red threads... changed?" I smile, and turn to the one I know is Merry. Lukas looks at his pinkie, and then at the person I assume was Merlin. "Destiny is what you make it." Merlin said, and stepped near him. Merry stepped up so I could see her face. I strain my voice so I can speak to her, tell her the things I never had the chance to say as Thomas.

She kneels before I can say anything. "I can't notice what you want noticed, I can't protect what you want protected, I can't do anything besides arm you with my loyalty, even though I owe you so much..." She cries. "So I will make an oath -" "You can." I manage to say as I interrupt her with a raspy voice. "But could I ask for something else instead?" She nods.

"Could you learn to love me like I love you?" I say hoarsely, my voice gone by the end. I smile to myself, because whether she says yes or no, we have all the time in the world for me to persuade her. As I wake up from the movie, I think to myself about Davids sister. "Indeed we do." I whisper as I step out to greet David and the person who's captured my heart.

The End