Packing

(I intend to travel our kingdom. I am going to prove to myself that I am useful, and do something for our kingdom. I feel I will learn best not as a prince, but as an adventurer, or perhaps a merchant.)

I learned from Alfred about adventurers and merchants. Adventurers traveled their respective kingdoms completing jobs for merchants, commoners, nobles, and even other adventurers.  Merchants gathered goods and sold them, attempting to make a profit and be beneficial to the towns where they do business.

(And so, this is the first and last day for a long long time any of you will meet prince Thomas. Thank you for your time, everyone. I'll be going now.) I smirk at my brother as I stand up. The storm cloud throne grows and surrounds my group. Before we know it, we're in my room. I grab the bag I had packed, and I turn to Alf and Nick. "Will you come with me?" "We follow you, our lord, wherever you please." As expected of Alf, an educated, concise response.

I turn to Nick. "I was trash until a few seconds ago. Hell yeah I'll follow you, boss." "That is NOT the proper way for a servant to speak to their lord!" "We're about to be incognito and adventurers, aren't we? They don't speak proper and they don't have servants. They have subordinates, slaves, and party members. If we're going to remain anything like servants to Tom here, we need to blend in as subordinates. Thus, he's boss and we all don't speak proper."

Alf has no retort, so in the meantime I ask Nick. "Tom?" "Yeah, Thomas is a noble name. Tom... Well, not so much. You can pick somethin else if it ain't to you're liking." "No, Tom is fine. Then what about Alf, Nick, and Lukas?" "Those are fine, but no full names or last names. Too conspicuous." "Now that that's settled, shall we get going?" I ask, and they all nod.