Leaving

"Okay, let's go with that. Do we have money to work with?" I ask. Alf shakes off his shock at seeing Lukas talk. "No, but with your ring we should be able to free one person on credit, charged to the royal family." "So my brother would have to pay it off?" "Basically."

"Then let's do that. Nick, where can we get slaves?" "There should be a slave dealership next to the adventurers guild, across from the Merchants guild." "Great, lead the way."

Lukas, still in his tiny fairy form, lands on my shoulder. I pat his head with my finger. "Thanks for the idea, Lukas." Lukas smiles at me. "My pleasure, Boss." Nick jumps in the conversation with an unrelated statement.

"He should probably change form so he looks like a human, only Nobles have familiars. If he could hide his wings, that would help too, but if all else fails we can claim he's a griffinoid, the legendary rare, sentient monster." "Well he is part Griffin. So Lukas, can you shift to human form?"

He nods, leaps off my shoulder, and grows. He stops growing when he looks about my age, however his wings are still obvious. "Any way to hide your wings?" I ask. "If that's what you wish." "If is." His wings shimmer, and vanish. "For now they are gone." "Thank you. Alright, let's get going."