Name

Alfred turns to me while I'm still petting the demi human creature. He kneels, and after a moment of him looking down, I pet him with my other hand. He looks up. I smile at him, and his sad face smiles even as he cries.

I turn to the demi human creature I summoned. It needs a name. I wave him close. I look over him, with his Griffin wings and the orange hair with green eyes. Black outfit. What should I call him? Definitely a him, even with long hair. But just to make sure, I pull at his pants. Yep. Wow, he even has underwear. Wait, why doesn't he care?

Oh well. Lukas? Luke for short? Okay. Plus I can say that in this form. "Lucaaahsh." Close enough. He looks shocked, then smiles and nods, tears forming.

A glow comes from my hand, and he bites it. He swallows the glow with some blood, and his eyes and feathers gain a tint of silver, so the wings shimmer an iridescent orange, and his green eyes have slivers of silver. His hair gets a single highlight that weaves from his bang through his new braid.

Did I just use magic power to 'name' him? You see it all the time in games. A named monster is much stronger then a monster of the same type and level, including better drops. My jaw drops. It must look so wierd on my baby face. He opens his eyes with a grateful smile as a tear trickles down his cheek. He kneels in gratitude. Beats me why, but I'll take the loyalty. I have a feeling I'll need it-from both of them.