Chapter 14

Charlottes POV
it's Wednesday. The day of interrogation. To say I'm nervous is a understatement. I'm a wreck. It makes it better though cause I know Peter will be there. He has gotten a lot better since the crash. He walking and moving and everything. Where waiting till after this court interrogation to go to school. Where all caught up on work, we just have to turn in it. Thanks to Max and Ryan.
Seriously wish I was smart like them.
Anyway it's the morning. I'm laying in bed staring at the ceiling. I look at the ceiling to think. The ceiling won't ever judge me and my thoughts. So I'm just laying in my back waiting for the alarm to blare.
I get out of bed before the alarm. I take the hottest shower I have probably ever took. It burns but it's just numb. I don't wanna go. I know I don't have a choice though. So I do my shower things and turn off the shower. I get out and wrap myself in a towel and walk out to get clothes. Just as I walk out the alarm rings. I freeze. How awkward would this be if he saw me in a towel with nothing in underneath.? I feel myself slowly dying of embarrassment. He smacks the alarm and looks around for me and of course I'm standing there in a towel trying not to die. He smirks and walks over to me and we back into the wall.
"Charlotte....you do some crazy things to me." He says in a whisper and wraps his arms around my waist and hugs me and put his head in the crook of my neck. I literally stopped breathing.
"Same here..." I stuttered nervously. He chuckled and kissed me and went to the bathroom. While he goes in the bathroom I start getting dressed. Putting on a bra and underwear. he walks out and I fall cause I'm so shocked that he came out. I'm just blushing as I'm on my back laying in the carpet floor. He hovers over me.
"I like your bra." He says as he pulls me to my feet.
"Thanks" I giggled and he did the trail kiss thing and I just died. Went straight to heaven. I Felt my soul fly out. I stroke his soft brown hair. His hair is honestly the softest. I bring his head up and kiss him in the lip and nibble it. And then I tackle him on the bed.
"Babe I love you and all but I gotta get dressed and you kissing me is really making me not want too."
"You know you don't have to dress." He chuckled. I traced his muscles.
"Well unlike you babe I have stuff to cover cause only you can see this." I say grabbing my boobs and my whole body.
"Good. If I could I would make you wear like a suit that doesn't show any skin cause your mine." He says and hugs me and stays that way. I stroke his hair.
"Not happening babe and I gotta get dressed unfortunately we have to go to the thing."he just groaned but let go anyway. As I stood up he grabbed my butt and I gasped in shock but then smiled like a idiot. I grabbed his butt next. We laughed as we where basically holding a butt cheek in our hand. I let go first and picked out clothes.
I picked a white tank top with a red flannel and skinny jeans with my black ankle boots. I curled my hair and put lip gloss on.
When I was done I looked at Peter. He was wearing a a nice red button up shirt with dark jeans and some white Nike's. He looked amazing.
I went downstairs and me and Peter had a little play fight about who was cooking breakfast. And I said I would do it. And he eventually gave up after twenty minutes and let me cook. I was happy. I cooked eggs and toast. My fave breakfast. And I cooked bacon for Peter because he is addicted to bacon.
After twenty minutes it was done. I arranged it pretty and brought it to him.
I like how we matched. He just kept hugging me.
"Babe I love that your hugging me so much but why are you hugging me so much?" I asked
"Because I love you and you need all my hugs. You know you love them." He wiggled his eyebrows saying this. I sigh and chuckle. I grab his hand and we eat. Where laughing and joking. For this day being a stressful day cause of court we sure are happy.
So I bring food to Max ad Ryan and me and Peter walk out the door. We get in our and I drive.
"Why can't I drive?" He asked
"You jut crashed a car last week. I'm driving I don't feel like dying"u joked he just sighed and got in the passenger seat and had a pout. I kiss his cheek which makes him smile a little so I start driving cause my work was done.
We arrived at the court house at eleven. No it's not far away but we spent so much time getting ready. I turn off the ignition and just sit in the car for a few. I need to get my be rings together before I walk in there. Peter just sat there. He knew what I was doing. He sat there with me.
I take the keys out and get out of the car and Peter follows. We walk hand in hand in the court house. We are greeted by the same women as last time a she leads me to a room. Me and Peter try and go in but she stops us. She looks at Peter.
"I'm sorry you can't be present." She says. He then looks at me.
"It's ok. You can watch through." I said. He knew what I meant. He nodded and walked away and I walked in the room. The room is boring. It's just white with a table and two chairs. I guess it isn't supposed to be pretty but it could be better then this. I took a seat and waited for the person to show.
A man walks in this time.
"Hello I will be the one asking you questions. It was changed because the other women wasn't ready for this job. Shall we get started?" He said when he sat down. I nodded
"First tell me your name."
"Charlotte green"
"Age?"
"17" he scribbled in the notepad.
"Tell me Charlotte. How are you now?"
"I'm fine." I said with a smile.
"Alright well tell me what happened. And i understand That may be difficult and you can take it at your own pace." He says nicely.
"It all started when I was eleven." I took a pause trying to remember.
"My mom started drinking. Everyday she would by liquor. And she would get wasted to a point she couldn't function." I took a breath.
"She was never violent but she wasn't a mom either." He nodded.
"Then there's my dad. His abuse started at eleven also. I don't know why he did it. Everything was great until one day he came from work and..." I paused  I couldn't finish. I just couldn't.
"I understand." He said and wrote it down.
"So you said it was eleven?" I nodded.
"I know he hurt you but did her ever sexually touch you or something." I just stared. It's a yes but I didn't wanna say it with knowing Peter was watching. I just looked at the guy.
"I understand." He said and wrote down yes.
"I'm not gonna ask for details Charlotte cause I already know a lot about what your going through. All I ask now is that are you safe. And are you happy."
"I'm happy and safe." I say.
" I also wanted to ask I you wanted to continue living with Peter."
"Yes."
"What is your relationship with him."
"He's my best friend and he's my boyfriend."
"Can you tell me about the night he found out. And how he didn't find out. How no one knew except you an your guardians."
"No one found out because I used makeup to cover it up. My dad said if anyone found out that he would kill me and the person that knew.so I covered it up."
He wrote it down.
"That night I got punished because my dads said I dressed like a hoe. I didn't get punished the night before but I still had bruises and stuff and u covered them with makeup. Well I took off the makeup and was getting ready for bed when Peter was trying to get my attend hen cause my window faced his house. An he saw. I got out of the house and we walked somewhere that was away from the house. He then took me to his house and he saved me." I said. Again he wrote this down.
"And ever since then I have been happy" I said. He nodded.
"Here's what I want to start doing Charlotte. I'm writing you a note to see a therapist. I think it will help you with the emotional part of the deal here, and talk about whatever is bothering you." He said as he wrote it.
" I also want you to come in one month so I can check and see if your well." I nodded an took the slips. i walked out of the interrogation room. I found peter and we left.