Chapter 17

Well guys if you don't see my status update it explained why it took so awfully long to update. I had almost the entire next chapter typed up but I didn't save it so I was kind of ticked off the past day and a half but anyways here is the chapter. Also for the next update I need atleast 20 reads :)

---------------

*Flashback*

Perched on the bathroom sink in my bedroom I touched up my blond ringlets sitting in a soft crown atop my head. Little curls cascaded down my neck framing my porcelain white face. I couldn't help but admire the face staring back at me in the mirror. This person looking back at me was to pretty and elegant to be me.

Vibrant grassy green eyes were framed by thick, black eyelashes that curled delicately at the ends. Full soft pink Cupids bow lips looked utterly kissable, pale skin lacked any sort of imperfections that stretched taut over her elegant cheekbones.

I had been waiting for this day since freshman year, tonight was the JROTC Military ball for my senior year.

Hopping off the sink I flipped on my iPod which began to play "Someone like you" by Adele, I grinned like a crazy person as I opened by wardrobe door and grabbed my dress off of its hanger.

As I pulled the dress out of the garment bag I remembered how absolutly stunning it was.

Soft pink material cascaded to about 3 inches abor my knee, soft pink tulle covered it all giving a very elegant and classical look. Even though it was strapless the neckline was very modest and not to revealing. I had fallen in love with it all over again in its utter simplicity.

Pulling the dress up over my hips the material felt like butter against my freshly shaved legs. If you could feel heaven this is what it would feel like.

I walked out of my room and went down th to my brothers bedroom, the soft carpet felt wonderful underneath my toes as I wiggled them in delight.

Wrapping gently on David's door I heard my mother talking on the phone, distracted I didn't even realize David was looking at me.

"Looking good sis."

Turning to face him I watched as his eyes traveled up and down me.

"Who's the lucky man?"

Poking my tongue out at him, "I'm a loner tonight."

His eyes went wide at my response.

Ignoring his jibe, "Zip me up please will yah."

Sighing he spun me around and gently tugged the zipper till it was all the way up.

"Have a nice night", he said as he turne dme around yet again, making my dress swirl about. He pulled me into a hug and with that he closed his door and left me standing in the hallway.

Brothers, I thought miserably to myself.

"Ash you ready to go?" My mother beckoned from downstairs.

I grabbed my cream colored heels off my bed and went downstairs.

"Ooooh Ash you look like a princess!"

"Thanks mom, you don't look so bad yourself." I said gesturing at her stained appron and oversized t shirt with bleach stains all over it.

Her thin hair covered my face as she hugged me rather tightly.

"See you later mom!"

I walked out the door to my car and backed out of the driveway and headed off to the hotel where the Dane would take place."

*End Flashback*

"Daniels you paying attention?!" Donovan yelled at me as i slowly remembered where I was. Jogging in the swampy hot mess of Paris Island.

"Yes ma'am!"

He eye balled me but said nothing more.

My sea bags were starting to get heavy and by the looks of the others they were starting to get tired.

Adjusting the bag, still running I felt the terrain change from the familiar concrete to sand with scraggles of grass. This was killing my legs.

The sun was slowly begining to set on the horizon and the dark canopys of forest were getting darker and darker.

"Stop!"

I skidded to a stop on the thick and dense sand.

3 sets of barracks stood in front of us, all equally ugly and equally metally.

"Welcome home ladies".

------------

Well there was an update and flashback are important so don't skip over them. Please comment vote and read it means a ton to me and I also can't believe I have had over 600 reads it really mind boggling to me :)