Chapter Two

Just a little bit more 'cause I felt like it:)

-------------------------------------------------------

"He grabbed me and kissed me and then pushed me away." I told Tanzi the morning after Braxton dropped me off.

"Honey that man is no good." She said.

"Your tellin me."

'When are you gonna drive down to Cherry Point to see your brother?" She asked me.

If Braxton was back stateside that meant David was here as well.

"I could leave today." 

She nodded,"Thats probably a good idea, he probably misses you." 

I got up off my bed and dug through my purse and pulled out my cellphone and dialed Davids number.

It rang a few times before he picked up.

"Hey sis whats up." He greeted me.

"Hey, would it be all right if I came down in a few days to see you?" I asked him.

"'Course not." 

"Kay, ill probably leave today and be there in 2 days."

"Sounds good Ashely see you then."

"Bye David."

"Bye Ash."

I hung up and grabbed my suitcase and started putting a few things into it, a few shirts, a pair of jeans, a few pairs of shorts, a swimsuit and my favorite little black dress just incase. 

"I should be back in a few days Tanz."

"Kay, have fun, be safe and bring the tank back filled up." She said.

"Yes mom," I sad giggling.

I left the door and headed towards the parking lot where I found Tanzis car and loaded my stuff up and I promptly got onto the road and began the 15 hour drive to Havenlock, NC. 

Braxtons POV

 The beach was quiet, only the sound of the waves gentley breaking across the sand. It had been two days since I dropped Ashley off and I hadnt tried to contact her, I just didnt think I should be the one call. After all she was the reason we were no longer together.

David was back at the house, which was farther down the beach eagerly awaiting the return of his sister, the woman who broke my heart months and months ago. We had three or so weeks until we had to leave and deploy to a new location, I should have been doing more than sitting on the beach, alone. But nothing seemed to matter anymore, not since the moment between Ashley and me in my car.

 I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and grabbed it to see a text from David.

Ash's should be here any minutes come back to the house

I typed out a response.

Dont wait up

And promptly sent it.

Ashleys POV

I pulled the car up to an older white house, a wrap around porch with peeling paint, a warm glow coming from the windows. I stopped the car and got out, a fresh seabreeze greeted me. Popping the trunk I grabbed my suitcase and walked up the steps to the front door, marvelling at the beauty of the still ocean and the last deep pink rays of the sun setting.

I knocked twice and I hear footsteps moving towards the door. The door opened and David stood in the dooresy, a huge grin on his face.

"Hey sis." He said grinning as he wrapped me in a hug.

"Nice to see you too." I replied hugging him back, smelling a salty sweetness on him.

He grabbed my suitcase and welcomed me into the quaint little house that was painted an extremely light blue. Taking off my sandals the rough wood flooring of the house felt oddly good.

"Is Braxton here?" I asked David when we got into the kitchen.

He looked at me, probably a little suprised I was asking.

"Ya, he's down at the beach, or atleast he was."

I thanked him and walked back out of the house.

The sand on the beach was smooth and grainy beneath my bare feet, the sand dunes white against the dark ocean. As I walked it became quieter and quieter, the lights from the house fading.

The chilly seabreeze picked at my bare legs, the thin white cotton hoodie I was wearing did nothing to help and my short dark jean shorts didnt help either.

When I finally saw him he was standing just at the edge of the water, staring into nothing. His hair ruffling slightly in the wind and his tan jaw line taut and angular. 

I walked up so I was standing next to him, almost touching. He didnt say anything.

"Hi Braxton." I whispered.

"Hello Ashley." He said his voice cracking slightly.

I looked over at him, his hands deep in his cargo shorts, a dark gray long sleeved henley hugged his muscular arms and torso.

I moved to stand in front of him and wrapped my arms around his waist, hiding my face into his warm chest. The wind picking up ever so slightly, and the sun had completly set and moonlight illuminated us.

At first he didnt respond to me and then he slowly put his arms around me and he kissed the top of my head.

I could hear his heart pounding through his soft shirt.

'Ashley we cant do this." His voice trailing off softly.

"Shhhh." I shussed him gentley 

He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his hard waist, his hands gentle on my thighs as he kissed me softly. All traces of ruffness gone. My hands running through his soft hair as he pulled me impossibly close.

 ----

I awoke to Braxtons soft breath on the back of my neck. The white room unfamilar around me, then I realized were back at the house. I lifted up the covers to find myself fully clothed and I gingerly relaxed back into Braxtons arms, the littlest of morning light  creeping in through the curtains of the room. And I fell back blissfully into sleep, comfortable for the first time in many months.