Chapter 18

In the hallway outside, several tense voices echoed, "It seems no one was seen..."

The sound of their voices, mixed with footsteps, gradually moved away toward the stairwell.

Inside the room, Li Wuting slowly released his hand from covering another person's mouth.

Only when he looked down did he notice that the person in front of him had bright red ears peeking through black hair, a dazzlingly red mole, and a trembling waist.

Ning Rushen, with a trembling waist, turned his head, "Your Majesty, I..."

Before he could finish, Li Wuting spoke first, "What, can't you withstand such vigorous shifting?"

Li Wuting did not hurry him, his gaze resting on a screen in the room, waiting quietly.

Apart from his identity as an emperor, Li Wuting was also a proper gentleman.

He rubbed his reddened ears, waiting for the lingering heat behind him to fade, and then, regaining his composure, said,

"I saw someone who looked like a student sneaking around... I just came to check."

Witnessing how "just" it was, Li Wuting snorted with laughter, "Heh."

"..."

Ning Rushen diverted the subject, "I heard them trading leaked exam questions."

After a few moments of silence, Li Wuting spoke, "I know."

"?!" Ning Rushen widened his eyes.

You know and yet allow people to trade! To boost the GDP of Dacheng?

His gaze was too direct.

Li Wuting glanced at him, "It is leaked questions, but not entirely."

Ning Rushen pondered, "A riddle is being leaked?"

Only part of it is leaked, and the rest is left for others to solve?

"..." Li Wuting, "What’s leaked are fake questions."

This was a case that had happened in a previous life.

This time he had already had the Jinyiwei on watch, just not expecting the location to be here.

Until just now, when he saw the words "Moon Fairy Residence."

Ning Rushen digested the dramatic twists and turns, then looked around again, "Where are Eunuch De and the guards?"

"I didn't let them follow; only the emperor and the Jinyiwei know of this matter."

Li Wuting looked at him, "Now, Ning Qing knows too."

Ning Rushen admired, "Like adding wings to a tiger."

Li Wuting moved his lips, about to say something but then held back. He walked to the window, lightly pushed it open to look down.

Just as he opened it, a head squeezed in front of his chest.

Ning Rushen skillfully leaned against the window crack, "I'll also take a look."

Li Wuting, "..."

When he leaned in, he was no longer trembling.

The window directly faced the street outside the inn.

Just now, several young men hurried out of the inn, with their voices faintly drifting up:

"They say it's due to disrepair, it makes noise with the wind."

"That scared me... let’s hurry."

There was no more movement outside the room; perhaps the person behind had hidden to avoid the immediate threat.