Chapter 7

Ning Rushen moistened his lips. How should he respond?

Seeing Li Wuting still standing in place, he took a half step to the side and gently issued an invitation, "Please, take a seat." Seize the warmth.

Only then did Yan Min and Xinglan belatedly recognize De Quan, immediately dropping to the ground in shock, "Your Majesty!"

Xinglan was especially terrified, her pupils trembling, and she kept muttering the sentence that spelled doom: "Lord Geng and the dog, Lord Geng and the dog..."

Ning Rushen caught a glimpse of this unfortunate child, "..."

Fortunately, Li Wuting had no intention of making things difficult for them, saying "At ease" before stopping in front of Ning Rushen.

He then noticed the person in front of him, not only with cheeks flushed from eating but also with lips so red and lustrous, shining brightly against the red mole on his ear in this dim, elegantly simple courtyard. It was a vivid and lively beauty he had never seen in his memories.

Facing that silent scrutiny, Ning Rushen nervously pursed his lips:

He quietly licked his upper lip: Hmm...not sticky..

(Kipzi - no food on his lips. Doesn't know why the emperor is staring lol)

Before Ning Rushen could retract his tongue, the person before him moved. Instinctively leaning back, his lower back hit the cold, hard edge of the table.

But then he saw Li Wuting move past him and sit down, lifting his robe.

In the smoky twilight, Li Wuting, dressed in a low-key deep teal uniform with dark raven patterns along the edges, sat by the stone table, his whole being exuding a clear and noble aura.

Only when he lifted his eyes did a sharpness leak out, like a gentleman concealing a blade.

Until a soft voice said, "Everyone, please sit."

He slowed his breathing and sat down with Geng Yan, "Thank you, Your Majesty."

Geng Yan had been trying to make himself as small as possible since the beginning, and even after sitting down, he couldn't muster a word. Ning Rushen couldn't rely on him and had to break the silence himself,

"Your Majesty, what brings you here so suddenly? The servants didn't even announce your arrival."

Li Wuting almost smiled, "Don't blame them; they're all busy."

Ning Rushen thought of the servants busy pulling at white cloths: ...

After speaking, he took the opportunity to send Yan Min out to stand guard and sent the terrified Xinglan away, "Go to the kitchen and bring a bowl of soup for His Majesty."

Li Wuting frowned, "No need..."

But Xinglan had already darted off like a rabbit.

"..."

The bowl of soup was quickly brought over.

It was the original broth used for hotpot, stewed until it was milky and rich, with tender, flavorful meat and bones floating in it.

Ning Rushen pushed the bowl towards Li Wuting: Go ahead and eat. Once you do, you'll have no ground to criticize me.

Li Wuting glanced at it but didn't move. As the emperor, he couldn't be careless about what he consumed.

He asked casually, "What soup is this?"

Ning Rushen replied, "Soup stewed from ten pounds of bones."

Li Wuting chuckled coolly, "Oh. If I take another sip, will it cause Ning to grow a couple of ribs less?"