Chapter 15

Li Wuting smiled indifferently, "Oh, which grain of rice is my jade ring among them?"

Ning Rushen cherishedly caressed the ring, "The pivotal grain of rice."

The jade ring was adorned with a long tassel and was carried around. Although it seemed common among the masses, it was still given attention.

Soon, a palace servant wrapped Ning Rushen's knuckles with two loops of gauze, making it less tight when he next drew the bowstring.

Ning Rushen flexed his fingers in surprise, "Thank you, Your Majesty."

"No need," Li Wuting replied curtly, "Continue."

Ning Rushen shot arrows until his shoulders ached and his hands hurt, while Li Wuting watched by his side, a figure of strict supervision.

"Your hand didn't lift again. Ning Qing, you're known for your agility, why fail now?"

Just as Ning Rushen was about to respond, a large palm suddenly gripped his shoulder—a twist—"Ugh...!"

Li Wuting's palm was firm, making it impossible to break free, firmly holding his shoulder in place. He felt like dough being flattened and rounded in someone's hands, a shiver shooting up his spine, "Your...Your Majesty."

Ning Rushen trembled, "I...can't withstand such force."

Li Wuting, "......"

The two stood in silence.

At this moment, a guard hurried over, reporting, "Your Majesty, General Dingyuan has arrived!"

Li Wuting seemed unsurprised, "Let him in."

Ning Rushen blinked: Who?

The arrival of the general meant a pause in the archery lesson.

Ning Rushen put down his bow, only to catch a glimpse of two pairs of eyes behind a horse, burning with intensity. He, "......"

What was this about?

An assassination attempt?

Meanwhile, Li Wuting's irritated voice rose from beside him, "What is this behavior, come out!"

Li Yingtang and Li Jingyu slowly appeared, "Oh."

...

Soon, General Dingyuan was brought over.

Ning Rushen saw a tall, handsome young military officer approach, his military attire unchanged, with sharp eyebrows and a straight nose, his stride as if carrying the cold wind and the clanking of weapons from the frontier.

He suddenly remembered—

He had seen him at the coronation, General Dingyuan: Huo Mian.

But after the coronation, Huo Mian had returned to guard the northern borders, and it was unclear why he was back now.

Was there a problem at the border?

Amidst speculation, Huo Mian approached, and the conversation with a guard by his side became clear:

"Finally caught up, it's not over, right? Watch me show off, kill, kill, kill!"

After speaking, he heartily slapped the guard with a strong palm, slap!

Ning Rushen, "......"

It seems the problem lies within the mind.

Huo mian walked over in a few steps, half-kneeling to salute, "Your Majesty, I pay my respects! And to Prince Xuan, Prince Jing as well!"