Chapter 11

De Quan broke out in a cold sweat: As a high-ranking official in the court, to dare to discuss colleagues in such a manner. Even dragging the Emperor and two princes into the conversation... It was simply vulgar and reckless!

However, he saw Li Wuting with his eyelashes lowered, his lips sharp. Standing still for two seconds, he then turned and walked back, saying nothing.

Just as he took two steps, he heard a voice, "Can you identify them?"

De Quan was startled, then realized the question was addressed to the commander of the Jinyiwei, who was gathering intelligence.

Yin Zhao replied calmly, "Hanlin Academy lecturer Lu Zhang, editor Gong Huelin, and Tan Feng."

Li Wuting walked back across the grass to the main tent, "Hmm."

The guards were setting up fields for horse racing and arrow throwing.

Ning Rushen slipped to the fence to join the excitement with Geng Yan. Behind him was the idle young Prince Li Jingyu.

"You—he—" Geng Yan, fuming, turned around and almost choked! He hurriedly bowed, "Your Highness Prince Jing."

Li Jingyu waved his hand, "Official Geng, no need for formalities."

Geng Yan: .

Ning Rushen whispered, "Your Highness, this is Lord Geng."

Li Jingyu pondered: To call him Geng Dog.

With many people around and the noise, Ning Rushen leaned in and advised, "Little Highness, let's not bring up the topic of 'tying up' again."

"Why?" Li Jingyu blinked.

Ning Rushen tricked, "It involves His Majesty's private matters."

Li Jingyu nodded, "Okay."

The two leaned on the fence, and soon Li Yingtang also found them, "Jingyu, you're here. And Lord Ning, what are you talking about?"

Li Jingyu acted as if it was a deep secret, "Talking about the Emperor's private matters."

Li Yingtang: ? ? ?

"..." Ning Rushen skipped that topic, "Prince Xuan."

Li Yingtang looked at him, opened his mouth, then closed it, and finally took out a fan to fan himself, no longer speaking.

All three leaned against the fence.

Ning Rushen, in a bright red riding outfit, stood tall and straight, his waist slim and his legs long. Bright and eye-catching, he naturally attracted attention.

Now, with two influential figures by his side, he drew even more eyes.

However, the center of attention was oblivious.

Ning Rushen still hung on the fence, pondering how he should blend in later.

Geng Yan couldn't stand it any longer and nudged him, "Tone it down, don't draw too much attention."

Ning Rushen was pulled from his thoughts, "Me? Where??"

He had done nothing, just a salted fish hanging on the fence!

Seeing his lack of awareness, Geng Yan lamented like one lamenting the incurability of iron into steel, "The spring hunt is a time for all officials to show their skills before His Majesty. If someone can outperform you, the favorite at court, in the upcoming horse racing and arrow throwing..."