Chapter 14

Until they left the forest, Li Wuting couldn't figure out anything.

Leaving behind Li Yingtan and his brother, sighing incessantly in the background...

Ning Rushen looked at his calm silhouette regretfully, pinching the pearls and gems in his hand for self-comfort:

After all, he is the ruler of a country, not so easily manipulated.

The game hunted by the emperor and the officials was counted by the guards according to the arrows used, and the total was reported to the emperor, who would then decide the winner.

The officials all listened to the count around, watching enthusiastically. They complimented and congratulated each other, creating a lively scene.

Ning Rushen also strolled over with his sleeves tucked and Geng Yan.

The winner was a middle-ranking officer from the Ministry of War, who received a treasured sword bestowed by the emperor that could cut through iron as if it were mud, and he knelt excitedly to thank for the grace under the envious gaze of his colleagues.

The rewards for the others were also announced one by one by the eunuchs.

However, the person who actually took action at that time was Li Wuting, and it really had nothing to do with him...

When the colleagues around noticed, they turned and greeted him, "Lord Ning also entered the hunting ground today?"

Ning Rushen nodded.

One of them curiously asked, "Oh? Did you catch anything?"

Ning Rushen shook his head, "I did not hunt."

The people looked at each other, "Then what were you doing there?"

Ning Rushen said, "I was there to protect the emperor." After saying this, he paused for a moment, tasting the absurdity of his own words.

Indeed, his colleagues fell silent, all looking at him, "………"

Geng Yan tried not to appear too offensive, "Is this a new joke you thought of?"

Ning Rushen's eyes narrowed slightly, wanting to kick something.

Just then, the voice announcing the rewards from the stand stumbled for a moment:

"Grand Scholar Ning Chen, for meritorious protection of the emperor—"

The lively atmosphere in the field turned silent as if cold water had been poured into boiling oil. Everyone turned to look at Ning Rushen.

"A bestowed carved bow!"

Ning Rushen's heart skipped a beat as he looked towards the stage.

He saw a beautifully crafted bow being brought up, half the length of a person, shimmering like flowing light, even more intricate and luxurious than the treasured sword awarded to the top scorer.

He: ……

De Quan called out from a distance, his voice high-pitched and soft, "Lord Ning, aren't you going to accept the reward and give thanks?"

Ning Rushen moistened his dry lips.

Then, under the gaze of the muscular and powerful military officers of the court, the highly skilled guards, Yin Zhao who was sent far away, and the Ministry of War officer holding the treasured sword... he walked up as calmly as he could.

As he approached, the bow appeared even more solid and heavy.

Li Wuting naturally looked towards him, "Lord Ning has contributed greatly, a heavy reward."