Nature's Calling

You snored as you leaned against Oswalt who was scrolling through his phone, both of you standing by the Wishing Well super early in the morning. The sun wasn't even peeking out over the hills yet. And while he should be annoyed by you using him as a pillow, Oswalt was more impressed you were able to sleep while standing. You really worried him at times.

Ruby: Why does it have to be this early?

Oswalt looked over to find Ruby dragging her feet as she fought with herself to get to the Well. She had stayed up late the night before editing the newest MirrorCast video for Blondie. Namely, Blondie interviewing Raven about what she had to deal with during the whole Royal against Rebel thing. It was actually very insightful, but Ruby was ready to pass out on the spot.

She had a backpack with her which held her stuff for the Mirrorcast so she could work on some stuff while she was gone. And where exactly were the three of you going?

To Oz.

You see, there was a tiny issue of the fact that none of you had an animal companion. Everyone else had one. Lizzie had Shuffle, Maddie had Earl's Gray, Kitty had her caterpillar that was just kinda everywhere doing whatever it wanted, and so on and so forth. And after returning from the resort, Ozma had suggested that the three of you should go back to Oz to get your animals.

And so, with the three of you gathered, Oswalt picked you up and threw you into the Well, your scream cut off just as you woke up, and hopped in as well.

Wicked: I do love when we can all get together like this.

Wicked was sitting at the head of the table while you laid face down in the pile of food, Oswalt ate quietly, and Ruby was frantically polishing up the thumbnail for the next MirrorCast episode. Ozma and Dorothy were sitting opposite of Wicked and were more aware to the fact that the three of you were in your own worlds.

Y/N: Sleep is good.

Oswalt: I wanted to go to class today.

Ruby: MORE BUZZWORDS!

The door to the dining room opened again as Braum walked in, still wearing her nightgown, before taking a seat beside you. She lifted your head by the hair, grabbed a piece of bacon, dropped your head back down, and took a bite.

Braum: Why do we have to do this so early again?

Wicked: Well, it's tradition! Me and my sister got ours at sunrise. And Oz got his early in the morning.

Oswalt: I thought Braum was his animal.

Braum growled.

Braum: I'm not an animal, punk. I got turned into a Griffith later. Your dad's animal was a cat.

Oswalt looked to his mother for confirmation. Wicked nodded.

Ozma: And your mother's was a flying monkey. They were drawn to her, so it seemed right. Sadly, though, they did go extinct some time ago.

Dorothy: Which I'm actually sad about. I didn't have good memories of them, but they were just scared animals at the end of the day.

Wicked: And very loyal. Other girls had doves and deer to get them ready, but I had actually animals with thumbs to help me.

Oswalt just eyed his mother in worry. He turned back to his food and began to wonder what kind of animal he would get. Would it be a cat like his father? But, that would be weird with him engaged to Kitty and such. Would that be awkward?