pt. 6: don't say that about my butt!!🍑

Wednesday evening, Clemson, South Carolina.

I leave tomorrow night for LA for the Sky High showcase to perform with the Group Chat. I personally wasn't too nervous, but Justine hovering like a hawk was irritating even though she always means well.

"You should pack a carry-on for the plane. It'll be about a 6 hour flight." Justine suggests.

"Already on it. I've got my portable charger too."

"Do you have your favorite snacks?"

"No, not yet."

"Classic or tropical Mambas?"

"Tropical always."

"Aright I'll be back in ten."

I begin pairing clothes together to make outfits for all of the days of the trip including bathing suits and pjs. I get a phone call from Schlatt again.

"Did I or did I not call you earlier to make sure you hopped on discord for bnb arrangements?" He questions in a fake angry tone.

"It completely slipped my mind! I'll get on now." I say as I prop my phone up and join the vc.

"Did your closet explode or are you packing at last minute too?"

"Yes. Both." I say staring blankly at the screen as he lets out a chuckle.

The little "doodoo" played as you joined the call alerted the guys.

"DAMN IT Y/N!!" Nick yells with his hand covering his eyes.

"What's the matter?"

"You late as hell." Yumi chimes in.

"I'm not late y'all are just early. Carry on, what's the plan?" I say with intentional entitlement as I continue packing with my wireless headset on and video on as well.

"Imma just be packing meanwhile." As I bend over, picking up the pairs of denim shorts laying about.

"DAAAAMN YO ASS CUTE AS HELL-" Larry yells. He's bi so it doesn't bother me. We joke like that every now and then in a friendly way.

"AYOOOOO-" Isaac screeches as they all start cackling at the out of pocket comment.

"DON'T SAY THAT ABOUT MY BUTT." I scream back.

"BUT IT'S JUICY!!" Larry screams too.

Everyone is losing it accept for Schlatt who doesn't take his eyes off the screen with his newly rosey cheeks. My face begins to heat up out of embarrassment. What was funny was suddenly not so funny because of Schlatt who I thought of differently compared to my other friends. I eventually turn back to my suitcase to stuff it with more essentials trying to hide my glowing red cheeks.

I get a sudden text from Larry.

Lairee: hey did I offend you? You got super quiet

Me: it's not you, it's just my nerves right now. packing always stresses me out.

Lairee: okay just making sure :)

Nick continues on about the air bnb.

"For music people we've got y/n, Yumi, Tanner, Larry, Isaac, Kage and I, and a new addition is Schlatt with the release of his new album with Ludwig. Grunk, you're coming along too dispite your musical disadvantages."

"Maaan why you gotta do me like that." Grunk groans as the rest of us chuckle.

Did I hear Nick correctly? Schlatt and Album in the same sentence? Didn't he tell me he's not musically inclined earlier?

"Schlatt is the new Beyoncé." I say sarcastically.

"Haha yeah in your dreams. I'm not the singing type. Just produced some more animal crossing songs. Might have to get you in on a lofi track someday y/n." He says nonchalantly with a mild smirk.

"I love bussin' it down to your songs Schlatty Daddy." Tanner says while throwing his butt in a circle.

Schlatt leaves the call for 30 seconds and comes back in on us wheezing. Leave it to Tanner be the homiesexual of the group.

"Fix you up with some tuning and a lesson on music theory an I'll make you a real harmonizer." I say in a flirtatious way.

Is it just me or are the feelings mutual?

"I think that would be fun. A day with you in a studio listening to your voice. Sounds like a da- day. A good day." He says reassuring.

"Riiight." Nick breaks in.

"So there are 8 of us, 4 rooms and a pull out couch so there's going to be some sharing. Personally I feel that y/n gets a room to herself considering that's she's the only woman."

Everyone nods and agrees with each other.

"Okay so y'all heard Nick, I get the master bed room with the balcony." I say as I flip my hair back.

"OVER MY DEAD BODY." Larry yells and stands up as he throws off his headset, running around his room posting up.

"But seriously I don't care where I stay. Y'all are already paying for trip, I can't be that demanding."

"It's really no problem y/n. Just glad to have you with us." Isaac let's out.

About and hour passed and I have pretty much everything packed up besides a dress and two bathing suits along with my phone charger and toothbrush which I usually pack in the morning after getting ready for the day.

Sleeping arrangements were set in place and a meeting spot at near the terminal was set so we could get something to eat together and so I could meet them in person.

This is going to be the most exciting thing I've gotten to do in years.