XXIX

The screams were unbearable.

That, the ringing of my ears, and the gun shots that were being fired over my head were the only things I could hear at the moment.

I didn't know what had happened entirely, but what I did know was that I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder.

Then, I started to hear Cameron's cries, and my heart immediately skipped a beat. I heard another shot go off and someone grunt before a loud thud hit the ground.

I turned my head to see a body lying directly next to me. My eyes widened in horror at the sight, and I slapped my hand over my mouth to stop the scream that almost poured out.

On the ground laid LB, a bullet wound directly in the middle of his forehead.

"Fuck!" I heard someone cry.

I turned my head to see who it was and was relieved to see that it was Clutch. Somehow, he was still moving around with a gunshot wound to the right side of his stomach.

"Clutch!" I called out. Then, I heard a grunt coming from behind our truck, and my heart started to beat out of my chest.

Then, I screamed. "KyRon!"

Clutch was barking orders. "Go get them Niggas!"

I jerked my head to the side to see unfamiliar bodies limping in the opposite direction.

I was about to reach for my gun and start shooting at them. But, I stopped when I saw him...my baby.

My eyes started to water as I sat up, ignoring the pain in my shoulder.

"Awe shit, Ky," Clutch stuttered.

"No!" I screamed. I crawled over to KyRon who was staring back at me with almost lifeless eyes. His body was shaking so uncontrollably.

I knew then that he was in a lot of pain.

"KyRon, baby," I whispered, my voice breaking. He looked up at me, and I could see the pain and fear in his eyes. His face was leaking with blood. So much poured from the wound on his cheek.

I scanned his body. He had three bullets wounds on his stomach area, and one on the right side of his face. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs at the sight.

"It's okay, baby," I said, tears streaming down my face. "I'm here. I'm not going nowhere."

Then, I did scream at the top of my lungs. "Somebody call the fucking ambulance!"

But I had already started to hear the loud sirens blaring in the distance. I reached out to touch his face, but he winced in pain. I pulled my hand back, feeling helpless.

"What the fuck," I whimpered, watching helplessly as the truck glided down the street so slowly that It felt like time was standing still.

"Stay with me, Ky, stay woke!" I pleaded.
"Please."

I reached down to grab his hand, and for a second, he squeezed it, which made me feel hopeful.

But, as his eyes slowly went blank, and his body went limp, I knew that he was slipping away from me. My heart sank, and I screamed again, this time with a guttural cry of despair. "No, no, no!" I wailed, shaking him desperately. "Please, Ky, don't leave me!"

But it was too late. His hand went slack in mine, and his body went still. The ambulance finally arrived, and I watched numbly as they tried to wake him, but it was no use.

The world around me seemed to fade away, and all I could hear was the sound of my own sobs.

└──────┘