XXVI

It was funny how much I had missed Ky in the span of two damn days.

I found myself running up to him and jumping onto him with the full force of my body.

Even if I had gone to see him the few short days he had to stay up in that disgusting ass place, I was really glad that I could finally touch him without restrictions.

He caught me in his arms, a grin on his face. "Damn, you acting like you haven't seen me in months," he said, setting me back down to my feet.

"Nigga, that's what it felt like," I mused, looking back at Clutch and LB who had disgusted looks on their faces.

KyRon chuckled, "Y'all just jealous," he said, putting an arm around my shoulders.

LB shook his head, "Nah, we good. We don't need all that extra affection," he said, causing Clutch to laugh.

I rolled my eyes at them, "Y'all just mad cause y'all don't have a relationship like ours," I said, sticking my tongue out at them.

They waved us off.

Then, I remembered something. I turned to LB and nodded towards the car. He nodded his head and grabbed Cameron from the backseat.

Ky's smile immediately got wider. "My baby-girl," he gushed as he held out his hands for her.

LB passed Cameron over to Ky, who cradled her in his arms. She giggled and hugged him tightly, causing Ky to laugh.

"Nigga, you spoil her too much," Clutch said, shaking his head.

Ky shrugged, "I can't help it, she's my little princess," he said, tickling Cameron's stomach.

I smiled, watching the three of them interact. It was clear how much Ky loved Cameron and how much she loved him back.

I brushed Cameron's hair out of her face, my heart aching at how cute she was. I could feel myself becoming more and more attached to her. At first it scared me, but now it felt almost normal.

Ky looked up at me and gave me a soft smile, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

There was the other part of me that felt bad for Cameron. Her momma wasn't shit, and from the looks of it, she was never gonna be shit.

I knew that Ky and I would have to be the stable force in her life, and it was a responsibility that I didn't take lightly.

I watched as Ky buckled Cameron into her car seat and then turned to me.

I now focused all of my attention to my boyfriend, serious now. "Bae, we got shit to do."

Ky nodded his head, but pulled me into him, nuzzling his face into my neck. "Man, can we wait on all that extra shit. I just want you to myself right now, away from this drug shit."

I understood where he was coming from, but we had a job to do, he had a job to do. Only two days away and I could already feel niggas on our side slowly drifting away like they ain't wanna associate with us no more.

I gently pushed him away, looking at him with concern. "I get it, but we can't just ignore our problems. You know how things are right now, we need to keep our game tight," I said.

KyRon sighed, "I know, I know. It's just hard to focus on that shit when all I want is to be with you," he said, looking into my eyes.

I smiled, feeling my heart flutter. "I feel the same way, but we gotta keep it professional. Plus, we can always make up for lost time later," I said, running my hands along his chest.

He bit his bottom lip. "You must wanna get bent over."

I playfully slapped his chest, "Not right now, we got work to do," I said, trying to hide my smirk.