X

The feeling of something slapping me in the face knocked me out of my sleep, and when I opened my eyes, I almost screamed.

There was a small little girl in front of me. Her eyes grew wide at the sight of my face and all of a sudden she screamed which made me jump.

It wasn't one of those screams of terror, but one of those happy screams that babies do when they see somebody.

I slowly backed away from her because I didn't wanna be near her. It wasn't a secret that I didn't like kids...even though she was really cute.

The little girl smiled at me and flung her arms out towards me and that's when I remembered where I was. Kyron came to get me yesterday.

Fuck, and he did say his baby momma was bringing his daughter over.

We were talking about the whole Cig situation...and then I fell asleep. I looked down at myself and realized that I only had my underwear on.

"Kyron!" I yelled loudly. I watched the little girl warily and scooted away from her as she crawled onto the couch.

"Wassup witchu?" He asked me with a calm face, but his voice was saying otherwise. He didn't sound calm at all. I also noticed that he was avoiding eye contact with me which was weird.

One thing about Kyron was that he always looked at somebody he was talking to. That's one of the first things I noticed about him.

"Cameron messing with you?" He chuckled. I was guessing that was her name.

"Do you know where my phone at?" I asked him sleepily.

"It's—uh—It's over there charging," he said while pointing over to a corner in the room. "I ain't want yo shit to be dead or whatever."

"And my clothes?" I asked him pointedly.

"I threw em in the washer," he said before scratching the back of his head.

What the fuck was his issue?

"Thank you," I told him simply. I made sure the blanket was wrapped tightly around me before getting up. "Do you mind if I take a shower before I go—?"

"—Naw, but we still gotta talk about Cig—."

"Later, Aight?" I told him while rubbing my temples. I had a badass headache.

Almost like he could read my mind he said, "It's some Aspirin in the bathroom cabinet. And it should be clean towels hanging in there. You should see em."

I smiled at him before making my way to the bathroom. I wasted no time turning on the warm water and hopping inside. It felt so good to just sit there and let the water run down my body.

Plus I was all sweaty and nasty from the day before. I noticed that there was some body wash sitting on one of the shower shelves. I grabbed it to read it and let out a big sigh.

I ain't wash up with nigga scents, but seeing as I didn't have another option so I just sucked it up. The soap bubbled and gathered around my entire body.

I didn't know how long I had been in the shower but I had heard a knock on the door. "Yea?" I called out.

"Who da—." I had heard, but the sound of muffled voices and shushed whispers made me poke my head out of the shower.

I hurried and rinsed my body off before turning off the water. I listened for a few seconds and when I didn't hear anything, I decided to hop out of the shower.

As soon as my body hit that cold air I almost hollered. I looked around for a full-body towel but didn't see one anywhere.

I turned the doorknob and peeked my head out. "Kyron it ain't no body towels in here and I need to dry off—." I stopped at the sight of a grown-ass woman walking toward me.